Warlock Animation

Bluehog

A few weeks ago the Warlocks animation for Rupture, Wingstorm, and Imprison changed. They had different looks (for the better). Rupture had vines and what look coral leaves coming out alone with the spikes. Imprison had swords around the ring. I really like these changes is it possible to get these back cuz the ones we have now look bland again (it was changed back with a previous update. I would also hope we get the old Dragon Call back too because the new version looks Eel Call instead of dragons :)

i didnt even notice o.o can someone post a comparison? ty

woah ur totally right. this is the original style:

(Of the shadow skill animations******* [open/rupture/helix]

[and these are the NEW shadow skill animations rupture, open, wingstorm] what happened to helix dwagons? :<

8 hours ago, RyuueLaview said:

i didnt even notice o.o can someone post a comparison? ty

woah ur totally right. this is the original style:

(Of the shadow skill animations******* [open/rupture/helix]

[and these are the NEW shadow skill animations rupture, open, wingstorm] what happened to helix dwagons? :<

What you're seeing between those videos Shadow build-wise is nothing more than a difference in graphical effect settings. The dragons are still there even today, as long as you have your setting set high enough.

Due to a bug in the way the settings work, you need to set 'apply to all' to 5 first and turn that on and off again, then lower any other settings besides graphic effects, and you should have the Helix dragons show up on skill use.

My graphics are set at the highest so this ^ is irrelevant. If you used Imprison and Rupture on a Warlock last patch you would see a complete different animation. The Rupture we got now looks like a bunch of toothpicks coming out the ground (2nd video) vs the one version I mentioned above (1st video). I wish I had screenshots but didn't think they would change it back so quickly. It just looked a lot better.

On 12/4/2016 at 6:39 AM, Zarosguth said:

What you're seeing between those videos Shadow build-wise is nothing more than a difference in graphical effect settings. The dragons are still there even today, as long as you have your setting set high enough.

Due to a bug in the way the settings work, you need to set 'apply to all' to 5 first and turn that on and off again, then lower any other settings besides graphic effects, and you should have the Helix dragons show up on skill use.

I see. there must be something I am missing then. I hope I can work around this and see my dragons again >:3

On ‎12‎/‎7‎/‎2016 at 4:31 PM, Zarosguth said:

Here's gifs of Imprison, Rupture and Helix that I made just now.

zqx0GPP.gif

2J0k4xp.gif

21sNtJ5.gif

I see swords on Imprison, more than just toothpicks on Rupture, and dragons on Dragon Helix. What is it that went missing exactly?

The Vines in Rupture are missing now or whatever it is in the center. Imma go to mushin tower and see if its still there. I first noted the Ruptures animation when I was fighting a boss with a group and it was really visible due to the scale in animation when you are fighting certain monster or people. Its just small changes they made but I prefer the 3 at the top you gif'ed and dragon from the old days.

55 minutes ago, Bluehog said:

The Vines in Rupture are missing now or whatever it is in the center. Imma go to mushin tower and see if its still there. I first noted the Ruptures animation when I was fighting a boss with a group and it was really visible due to the scale in animation when you are fighting certain monster or people. Its just small changes they made but I prefer the 3 at the top you gif'ed and dragon from the old days.

I made those 3 gifs on the NA server yesterday, so everything you see in those gifs is still there, live on the NA/EU servers.

I'm suspecting it's your graphics settings.

I've had issues with the graphics settings before since they are a bit buggy, and I'm not sure how I got things fixed, but try this:

1. Go to Graphics > Advanced Settings in the Options menu.
  2. Make sure Optimize for Combat and Auto Options are unchecked.
  3. Check Apply to All and set that slider to 5.
  4. Click the Apply button at the bottom.
  5. Uncheck Apply to All.
  6. Set your settings back to what you had them at before, BUT make sure Personal SFX Quality stays set to 5.
  7. Click the Apply button again.

I also found out that, for some reason, monster effects at 5 gives u the dragon animation too. anything lower and it doesnt work. but technically apply to all should fix everything if you don't touch personal sfx or monster effects. I set personal to 5 after the apply all and it wudn't work T_T

• 1 month later...
On 9.12.2016 at 9:35 PM, Zarosguth said:

I made those 3 gifs on the NA server yesterday, so everything you see in those gifs is still there, live on the NA/EU servers.

I'm suspecting it's your graphics settings.

I've had issues with the graphics settings before since they are a bit buggy, and I'm not sure how I got things fixed, but try this:

1. Go to Graphics > Advanced Settings in the Options menu.
  2. Make sure Optimize for Combat and Auto Options are unchecked.
  3. Check Apply to All and set that slider to 5.
  4. Click the Apply button at the bottom.
  5. Uncheck Apply to All.
  6. Set your settings back to what you had them at before, BUT make sure Personal SFX Quality stays set to 5.
  7. Click the Apply button again.

Dude seriously you're my ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ hero. Before I started to play with my warlock, I had been watching some videos from warlock players at other servers and I was like whoa the animations look awesome. But when I started to play it looked nothing like it and like I'm trying to figure out since a freaking year why it's different and.. Omg, just, thank you!!!! 

Archived