New Player with some questions. Thanks!

DarthPancake

Hello,I am goign to be coming into Blade and soul,I do not believe I played before but I may have tried. I was thinking of becoming a summoner as I enjoy PVP and I have read that apparently that class is the best for it.

What is a good server to join right now? That isn't too high population but not dead and what is a great well roudned class for PVP and PVE? What is NEEDED in the game?

8 hours ago, DarthPancake said:

Hello,I am goign to be coming into Blade and soul,I do not believe I played before but I may have tried. I was thinking of becoming a summoner as I enjoy PVP and I have read that apparently that class is the best for it.

What is a good server to join right now? That isn't too high population but not dead and what is a great well roudned class for PVP and PVE? What is NEEDED in the game?

any class is good at PVP, summoner requires more effort the higher you rank up and can be decent if you are good in it.

All classes are desired in parties do whatever you choose take the one that will bring you most fun.

Summoners have an easy start in PvP, so that's maybe not bad for a new player. They also look very cute, so I always forgive them that they sadistically eviscerated my KFM in the battlegrounds. <3

To me, Blade and Soul is unique concerning class balance in that questions like "what is best for XXX?" or "which class is most balanced for X or useful for Y?" change answer from person to person. And that is not due to confusion or misinformation but because the classes are distinct in their play styles. And if a play style suits you, you will be good at it, and be very successful in most settings, where a different person might feel the same class as an uphill struggle.

If you have the time, play around with a few classes to get a feel of what you would like. If you want a recommendation, let me know a bit more about what you played / preferred in previous games.

Ranged / melee? glass cannon / tank? Strong recovery? Dodging? Do you like mindgames in PvP? Or fast reactive play? Answers to these might point you better to the right class for you. :)

Hi DarthPancake!

Firstly, welcome to BnS! As already mentioned above by many, Summoners is relatively easy to play considering that your pet (cat) does most of the damage for you. Summoners are also great for beginners who are just starting out in the game. Plus they are incredibly cute! BnS offers a wide variety of classes each with different skills and usually does a great job and distributing the AP, HP and skills among the different classes. I main Warlock but have played summoner on the side as well, these are my pros and cons based on my experiences:

Pros:

- Super CUTE

- Cat does most of the fighting and damage (thus has a higher HP than their masters)

- They have self healing abilities and ability to heal their pets

- Also has ability to revive team players

- They are great additions to PvE and do a lot of dps

- I love it when I have summoners in my team. They just lighten up my day.

Cons: 

- I believe Summoners themselves has the lowest HP of all classes because their pet does most of the damages (but don't let that fool you as they are very strong!)

- They have long cool downs (but it's pretty much the same for all classes) you just have to learn how effectively use your combos

I don't have anything else for cons! 

For servers:

I play on NA - Soha, Onmyung and Yehara. 

So far I really like Onmyung! So I highly recommend it. Of course each server has players who forget that they were once beginners too, but I think Onmyung has a great and friendly community. I have had more positives than negatives while playing in group dungeons. Everyone is really supportive! Come join us in Onmyung if you're playing NA! :D 

Archived