Doubt about attributes to boost a KFM !!

Jerkylink

Greetings,

Well my little questions are about the attributes that there are or should be enhanced for our Kung Fu Master, when performing both PvE and PvP.

For example; Of what with us or what I have read, always look for a Soul Shield that have as main the critcal and then likewise potentiate to this same, but my restlessness is the following one:

1: One is that it is preferable to look for both critical and accuracy for your KFM and can serve you both in PvE and PvP, but my doubt is that if these attributes go well with the KFM that is always Tank, because I see you get so Well but your defense is poor and when they hit you they take away a lot or it is a question of handling your character?

2: Another is that you can look for a soul shield with attributes centered to critical as accuracy, but the powers to the defense to be able to endure more, and to my opinion is more reliable and more balanced in this way, but likewise I think it is a Question of the needs of each one or is it better to focus on the critical and leave the defense with these bases?

3: Finally it would be, on which attributes are the most recommended for a KFM, whether it focuses on critical, precision and defense or also a bit of piercing, or is only by preference since some want to hit more or another than alone They want to agontar more so that the group can be organized if something happens.

Thanks, I hope I can explain myself well.

15 hours ago, TJXX said:

The game is all about dps and iframes, by end game aim for 120% accuracy and as much crit damage as possible for pve.

Oh, I see that simple, a way to simplify, in more or less word, seek to enhance both the accuracy and the critical. ;)

PvE:
Of course you profit from defensive stats, they will give you more chances at surviving mistakes. However, that makes their benefit a transient one, because of the importance of iframe skills in PvE.
Most bosses have very strong attacks that you cannot realistically face tank, no matter what gear. So basically you end up iframing them to survive. While you still learn the raid, you will make more mistakes, and a very high HP/def will allow you to survive without losing a dragon heart.

But then as you get better, eventually all that HP/def is unnecessary, as you will dodge everything anyway.

But you will still struggle to beat the enrage timers of many boss fights, which is why peopel end up focussing on damage instead. And damage comes from:

- AP obviously
- Crit rate
- Crit damage
- pierce (optimum depending on how much defense the boss has. In some situations very high pierce can be helpful, but 10-20% is always desirable)
- Accuracy (irrelevant before lvl 50, some of the purple lvl 50 dungeons reward you for high accuracy) 110-120% are definitely good to have then.

PvP:
Totally different world.

Most important is Crit defense, followed by pierce.
Then come AP, defense and HP.
Evasion and Block do not work reliably, so are usually ignored. On the other hand, low accuracy is a no-go if it falls so low that auto-blocks start coming just from the opponent's base block value.
If you can get a galaxy weapon with crit drain, you can add critical rate to that list. Critical damage is only good against lowbies.

As you can see, PvP gear requires the most trade-offs. Here's a rough guide, but feel free to optimize according to your own gusto:

Crit def >>2000                                                     >>2500
Pierce          >>1500                  >>2500                           >>3000
DEF                   >>1500                    >>2500                    >>3000
HP                          >>100k                   >>130k                >>150k
Acc                               >>120%                                        >>130%
Crit                                                                 >>40%+

EDIT: be aware gear is only relevant in faction PvP and 6v6, NOT in 1v1 and 3v3

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/11/2016 at 6:28 AM, Shuchin said:

PvE:
Of course you profit from defensive stats, they will give you more chances at surviving mistakes. However, that makes their benefit a transient one, because of the importance of iframe skills in PvE.
Most bosses have very strong attacks that you cannot realistically face tank, no matter what gear. So basically you end up iframing them to survive. While you still learn the raid, you will make more mistakes, and a very high HP/def will allow you to survive without losing a dragon heart.

But then as you get better, eventually all that HP/def is unnecessary, as you will dodge everything anyway.

But you will still struggle to beat the enrage timers of many boss fights, which is why peopel end up focussing on damage instead. And damage comes from:

- AP obviously
- Crit rate
- Crit damage
- pierce (optimum depending on how much defense the boss has. In some situations very high pierce can be helpful, but 10-20% is always desirable)
- Accuracy (irrelevant before lvl 50, some of the purple lvl 50 dungeons reward you for high accuracy) 110-120% are definitely good to have then.

PvP:
Totally different world.

Most important is Crit defense, followed by pierce.
Then come AP, defense and HP.
Evasion and Block do not work reliably, so are usually ignored. On the other hand, low accuracy is a no-go if it falls so low that auto-blocks start coming just from the opponent's base block value.
If you can get a galaxy weapon with crit drain, you can add critical rate to that list. Critical damage is only good against lowbies.

As you can see, PvP gear requires the most trade-offs. Here's a rough guide, but feel free to optimize according to your own gusto:

Crit def >>2000                                                     >>2500
Pierce          >>1500                  >>2500                           >>3000
DEF                   >>1500                    >>2500                    >>3000
HP                          >>100k                   >>130k                >>150k
Acc                               >>120%                                        >>130%
Crit                                                                 >>40%+

EDIT: be aware gear is only relevant in faction PvP and 6v6, NOT in 1v1 and 3v3

As for the pvp I understand very well, as far as the pve, which currently I have defense hovering around 26.51%, accuracy about 110.68%, critical rate around 43.98% and lastly that is critical damage about 191.14%.

I can say that I see the reflected resistance compare to how it was before but hey I do not remove is anything, or do not know if I see wrong, but seriously, I feel that it does not take away anything. So that you have a clear idea, here I show my statistics: http://bnscoffee.com/character/NA/Jerkylink

Is it because I gave him a lot of defense and did not put much support in the accuracy?

If you have very good skill knowledge, good patterns and ping, you will have sufficient damage with your gear to be succesful in almost all current PvE areas.

However, if you are lacking in any of the above, or team up with very strong players, you will have trouble to keep aggro and act as tank even with full threat build. And then it's when the defensive approach backfires.

Your gear has still huge potential for improvement, so things are only going to get better. It is entirely up to you if you want to go for a 50% crit, rest into defense build or similar instead of a 55%+ crit build. After all, on stage 4 searing palm you would be on 100% crit rate anyway.

I can add that once you reach 50%+ crit, it makes a lot of sense to give up crit and even AP for more crit damage, if the bonus is good. Hence the use of Asura or Binding bracelets.

In the end, the Hongmoon gear gives you so much base critical that it does not matter hugely if you use your soul shield for other stats or not. The priorities I listed are based on the widespread view that damage mitigation should come from skills alone and that PvE stats are for beating the enrage timers, mostly.

If it's any help you are welcome to look at my gear:

http://bnscoffee.com/character/EU/Shuchin

Of course the stats will depend on what gear set I have equipped at the time you are looking. If it's all Hongmoon accessories and no Elder Soulshield then it~s my PvE lvl 51 boss set up.

For what you are telling me, for the damage, it influences more the speed of attack or reaction that you have in front of the opponent that you are facing and there is where the good ping you have and good reflexes and patranos when it comes to Execute the respective abilities truly.

And as you also tell me that even so much the skills help a lot in the increase of damage of critical and like form in the AP, and in case it was little of equal way this both the weapon and the accessories help you as far as your power Of attack as in defense.

So I can say that in the same way we must include the help of the skills that raise your critic by a percentage (%) in some occasions. Well I can say that I understand you very well.

And one more question, when you mean the aggro is that? Sorry but I do not understand the meaning of this word, can you explain?

Sorry it can be a bit difficult with the communication considering all the game jargon and I am not sure if I read your questions correctly as they seem to be translated with a program?

"aggro" is meant as a short form of "aggression".
"aggro" and "take aggro from you" in this context refer to a boss enemy having a specific primary target, mostly the person who did the most damage. That person is said to "have aggro" at that moment.
Some classes have skills that attract boss attention more strongly, they have descriptions like "generates three times normal amount of threat".

If someone outdamages you or uses stronger threat skills, they might draw the bosses attention from you to themselves. That is called "taking aggro away from someone". If you use good damage and high threat skills so that this does not happen, it might be called "keeping aggro" or "holding aggro".

Hope it's more clear now. ^_^

3 hours ago, Shuchin said:

Sorry it can be a bit difficult with the communication considering all the game jargon and I am not sure if I read your questions correctly as they seem to be translated with a program?

"aggro" is meant as a short form of "aggression".
"aggro" and "take aggro from you" in this context refer to a boss enemy having a specific primary target, mostly the person who did the most damage. That person is said to "have aggro" at that moment.
Some classes have skills that attract boss attention more strongly, they have descriptions like "generates three times normal amount of threat".

If someone outdamages you or uses stronger threat skills, they might draw the bosses attention from you to themselves. That is called "taking aggro away from someone". If you use good damage and high threat skills so that this does not happen, it might be called "keeping aggro" or "holding aggro".

Hope it's more clear now. ^_^

Yes, I'm sorry I'm not very good in English. But of course if I have understood this very well of the attributes directed to PvE and PvP, and the "aggro" I get a sufficient idea, and I can get a clear idea of how it works, thanks for clarifying my doubts.

And I want to ask you a question regarding a team that gives attributes of PvP, and looking at the game I saw that in factions NPC give these same, as for example; One that gives you critical defense, but I have only seen the catch but I do not know if there is more team of these for PvP, is there?

Sorry I am a bit clueless about what you mean by "team" here. An item?

There are very few items that grant critical defense, and they are either not very good (Misty wood accessories), very hard to get (PvP legendary weapon and soulshields) or a bit expensive (reflex soul shield primers).

Yes, I mean the items, and precisely there are some that an NPC of misty wood sells them to you, and some of these items give you defense, blocking and defense of critic, or it is better to focus on the legendary weapon as in the soul shield ?

The Misty woods ring and necklace are not remarkable for their critical defense bonus, whihc is pretty small, but for their expertise bonus, which is almost unique.

Together, these two items can extend your CC durations by 40%, which for many classes is an extreme advantage. However, since Hongmoon necklace and ring have such strong stats, switching to the expertise bonus will reduce our damage output by almost the same margin as you gain CC duration.

So effectively you do not have an easier time winning, you are just extending the fight for longer. Which sometimes is helpful but overall not helpful enough in 6v6 for example.

The soulshields in Misty wood are a bit too much effort to invest in nowadays, and the crit def bonus is much too small to be competitive.

So yes, going after legendary soulshields is a good investment if you like 6v6. You can even get a good start without the need for the Tower of Insolence sets (Sparring and Challenger),  by first getting a Hell set for 1000 battle points per tile. The current best combination for high crit def and PvP in general seems to be 3 Challenger, 5 Elder (legendary) - this combination I use myself.

The legendary weapons are of course very powerful and thus helpful to win in PvP. The Galaxy legendary Weapons are meant for PvP and very useful in 6v6, and cheaper to have than the PvE Baleful/ Seraph weapons. However, there will be a further upgrade path for Bale / Seraph later on that will result in super powerful weapons that many think will top even the best Galaxy stages, so it's up to you if you want to go for one or the other.

Archived