Farewell, lads and lasses

Asynja

Greetings!

I don't know how common posts like these are but I felt like making one since today 25 October, 2016, I'm quitting this game. Not because I stopped liking it or something, but because I already had enough fun, plus I also think it's not worth it anymore without some serious luck or real money. I've played for over 4 months straight, every freaking day, ranging from 4 to 16 hours a day (yes, I'm on holidays). I started out as a blade dancer, Myrkrvaldyr (NA server, Dochun), and I'm quitting with 691ap, 68% to hm11 and almost 100 desolate runs, which would've taken me to 701ap without anything legendary, can't complain, that's pretty decent. If you ran desolate a lot it's likely we met once or twice. I played every class, I got 1800 during the ww event, liked it a lot, I'm satisfied, I had a lot of fun.

One I hit that ap and maxed everything I felt even more the burden that many others have felt, I got stuck. Getting to legendary takes a huge amount of money, unless you're very lucky and get the 10k gold from the pirate chest (4M masts) or the golden ginseng you won't hit legendary anytime soon without real cash. That's one of the reasons I felt discouraged to continue despite the burning passion with which I played for over 4 months (I've followed this game since it was announced in Korea years ago). In addition, to stay competitive in pvp you also need to do a lot of pve, I've heard of many top pvp players quitting because of this. The grinding is monstrous, but hey, it's a free to play game, so it's to be expected, but it still feels too much.

Anyway, thanks to everyone I've played with who was fun and talkative, not a rage quitter, thus making countless runs fun and memorable. I still like this game a lot and I will certainly miss it, but I've reached my limit, it was fun while it lasted :).

And one final thanks to my clan, Deathmancers, not a very active clan, but the few active members made the game easier and more fun.

A warm hug to all my fellow blade dancers, even though we're not a very popular class our phantom grip makes every run faster and it's certainly better than a destroyer's grab (des are useless dps-wise while grabbing a boss) :P. Sorry to all of you who got frustrated while pvping against blade dancers because they spin and stun you and got a lot of iframes, but hey, on the bright side, we're not blade masters and scummoners!

Farewell, ladies and gentlemen!

Archived