Most Efficient Way to Get HM Skill Books 1 and 2?

Asura777

So correct me if I'm wrong but I'm told book 1 (for BM) is HM blade strike and book 2 is HM block.

I've been trying to save up whirlwind tokens (the red ones) for book 2 but ended up 5 short (prob because I bought lightning slash first >_>)

From experience, farming points to buy those 5 tokens would take forever, but buying the pieces with gold isn't exactly the most appealing option either...

Are there any better options? I was thinking maybe buying Vol1 with my remaining tokens and then getting Vol 2 some other way?

You can try running Yeti and Necro 4-man to get the 2 pages to combine to Vol2 - you will still have to spend gold to pay your party members though.
Other options are 120k beans from arena (will take forever if you are not good in PvP) or buying it for 140 Bravery if you have premium.

Vol 1 can be bought for 300 Retrieved Technique (dungeon daily quests), 10k Battlepoints + 50 Feathers (Heavens Mandate), 60k beans or 70 Bravery (premium)

If you bought Lightning Draw from the WWV Trader this was a bad decision. It's the cheapest skill of all your HM, drops in a lvl 45 dungeon and can actually be bought with some Naryu Silver as well.

3 hours ago, Slyce said:

You can try running Yeti and Necro 4-man to get the 2 pages to combine to Vol2 - you will still have to spend gold to pay your party members though.
Other options are 120k beans from arena (will take forever if you are not good in PvP) or buying it for 140 Bravery if you have premium.

Vol 1 can be bought for 300 Retrieved Technique (dungeon daily quests), 10k Battlepoints + 50 Feathers (Heavens Mandate), 60k beans or 70 Bravery (premium)

If you bought Lightning Draw from the WWV Trader this was a bad decision. It's the cheapest skill of all your HM, drops in a lvl 45 dungeon and can actually be bought with some Naryu Silver as well.

Yeeeeahhh I was kinda new at the time and didn't really know WWV would end soon >_>

So what should I do with my remaining tokens then? I don't really see anything else I'd want to buy

Ah actually I just mathed out that since I have 14k battle points and 16k zen beans, if I spent them all on bravery tokens it would give me 60, plus the 80 I have right now would let me buy vol 2 from the premium store. Would that be more time efficient deal compared to the other ones? (Time efficient considering the time it takes to get gold etc)

well obviously if you could do it now with the beans / BP you already have that would be very time efficient.  :P

But if you think more along the lines "how long would it take to farm those amounts of beans and BP again?", I would advise to go for gold for Chapter 2 (the one from Necro) since it's much cheaper. The Yeti-4 chapter you can probably also get the fastest via gold, but if you like arena / 6v6 then it's a good use for braveries, like with the offals. Obviously farming the 4-mans is fastest, but only if you actually know how to do them and have a party who does too. And you do not die of boredom. ;)

Archived