Confused about basic gem transmute

Shelly

So in the transmute tab for gems we can't rng make those boxes for each specific tier of gem type. It's now like a cascading build up starting from the square gem boxes? Like if I wanted a sparkling hexagonal amethyst, I'm now going to need 3 brilliant hexagonal purple same colors gems. And to make brilliant hexagonal purple same color gems, I'm going to need 3 (or rather, 9...) hexagonal purple gems? and yada yada.

Another problem is, is that it seems that even though it only asks for "same color" it seems to only accept same attribute triplets. :l 

"The success rate for transmuting gems below the Heptagonal tier is 100%, but the type of gem you will receive will be random. However, the gem received can be influenced by the type used when transmuting. For example, if you use 2 Stun Rubies and 1 Additional Damage Ruby, you will have a higher chance (although not guaranteed) of receiving a Stun Ruby as a result of the transmutation. "

By what they wrote, it won't be rng anymore since it is only accepting same attribute triplets and there's no fail rate, but...And i don't know if my math is right, but you'd basically need 81 basic square gem of the same type to make a sparkling hexagonal blah blah. 

This seems overly tedious. And I don't have the inventory room for this. Am I missing something? Is the old method of gem transmute hidden somewhere? 

Edit: alright. I guess I'm not wrong? This method is stupidly tedious. >.> 

Nope, you're not missing anything. The old method is gone. On the bright side, now I have an use for using my triangular fragments which I have over 1k of. I just wish transmuting the chests didn't fail because it takes forever. Or at least have an auto transmute button.

YEAH. But you'd need 81 of the same attribute (basically, one specific gem) square gems to even hit sparkling hexagonal if you wanted to make it yourself from scratch. I think they should have kept both methods. This one is less rng-y. and the old one is less work but more rng. 

35 minutes ago, Shelly said:

YEAH. But you'd need 81 of the same attribute (basically, one specific gem) square gems to even hit sparkling hexagonal if you wanted to make it yourself from scratch. I think they should have kept both methods. This one is less rng-y. and the old one is less work but more rng. 

Well, you could also use 2 gems of same attribute and then 1 of a different attribute but same color, although doing that you could end up with an attribute you don't want.  But yeah it is pretty tedious to get 81 of the same color/attribute gem.  I've already opened over 150 chests and only managed to make 3 hexagonal gems of different colors.

3 minutes ago, Shelly said:

You can't. it didn't let me. did it let you? mine had it greyed out. had 2 life drain and 1 insta recovery (?) square amythest. it let me use the 2 life drain only. 

For some reason you can't transmute gems you can't trade on the market. The instant recovery one is one of them.

6 minutes ago, Quantum said:

Well, you could also use 2 gems of same attribute and then 1 of a different attribute, although doing that you could end up with an attribute you don't want.  But yeah it is pretty tedious to get 81 of the same color/attribute gem.  I've already opened over 150 chests and only managed to make 3 hexagonal gems of different colors.

You can't. it didn't let me. did it let you? mine had it greyed out. had 2 life drain and 1 insta recovery (?) square amythest. it let me use the 2 life drain only. 

Edit: Oh... thanks. e-e" that's dumb too... 3: sigh. 

Archived