Server disconnection gets worse after Desolate Tomb part

Alysha Hawkeye

If you already experience server lag/disconnection since the launch of this game in January, then having it worse might as well do nothing to you.

The thing is that server gets worse to even people who are fine with it before.

Pre-Desolate Tomb patch, I rarely experience disconnection. When I say "rarely", I mean like 2-3 times per month. Even when the undersea fiber cable in Asia got its scheduled snapped due to shark's jaws (?), I only went through some higher ping until get fixed. Even upon a slight disconnection, the game client treated it as a spike lag and quickly reconnected.

After the patch, I don't know if it can even get worse. Disconnection happens in daily basis even though the connection is still fine (I got disconnected, while my nephew who shared the same Internet connection just played his game fine). I got disconnected like every three hours, from 6v6, F8 runs, running around in my server, and disconnection during loading.

Auto-kick, which seemed to be a bug, just add salts to the wound. And I assume NCWest will take their time to release the bug fix upon new update.

I knew that NCSoft have optimization patches for each region, and it seems that NA/EU also received one before. I think NCWest should bug their parent company about their unstable server infrastructure. Even NA/EU players grief by their higher ping than supposed, despite that they live very near where the server locates and have to resort ping boosters.

I doubt NCSoft will do anything about it, but well, let me have some false hope *sip tea*

They are aware of the problems but for now they don't do anything.Won't even publicly admit that there is something wrong and is getting worse.Hopefully someone really reads those forums and brings them to attention this case ,which is a real problem for a majority of us .

used to be playable for me too albeit never good, i was managing with the 120-150ms ping i had.

but as the above, the thing isn't getting better and i finally called it quits today after enjoying a week of 400+ms at any given time of the day coupled with random disconnects (mostly in x-server) and other bullshit issues such as being unable to login half of the day because the login server is a potato, or the fact that i can only use martketplace after spamming the button for 20 minutes to get rid of the "marketplace is currently unavailable" message which couples with the error on system chat channel saying "external links are not allowed".

i love this game, i really do, and i will come back if they ever [MODERATOR EDIT] address the server issues correctly (free tip NCWest: upgrade the servers.)

Archived