win-1588

lose-1579

Nest day

lose-1563

win-1576

lose-1564

lose-1545

I kept track of my last 9 games,
These are the win/lose and points. I under stand if you lose, you lose and need to go down in rank. But this is high silver. Not high gold/plat. We shouldnt be punished so badly for losing. 
Out of the 9 games 5 were wins 4 were loses. Which should mean I should have at least gained quite a bit. out of the 5 wins I only gained an average of 10.8. However out of the 4 loses I lost an average of 14. Maybe not that big of a diffrence. Except, look at 5 wins was the majority. For it to even out, it should be below it if anything. 
Everyone is most likely to ignore this or just give me shit. Do as you will.

Well you know. You are facing different players in every match. They have different ranking. Your rankings are compared and thanks to this yours is updated. 

If you lose against lower rank then you will lose more. Thats pretty simple.

Also winning against higher rank will give you more points. 

I think there is a sort of "elo wall" between 1500 and 1600: Many weak players in the range up to 1500, but few players in the transition area and then many players at gold rank again, but who are much much better than the below-1500ers.

So what happens when you try to rise up is that for a while, you are matched more often against lower rank players than against higher ranked players, which will draw you down if your win rate is 50%/50%. Then comes the second part of the "wall", when you reach near gold and start losing against the really good gold players, which can push you back down again into the other part. :P

What I mean to say is that being a 1500-1600 player myself, I always needed a good winning streak 1500-1570 followed by a couple of wins against gold rank to actually reach gold. Anything else would bounce me straight back down to 1500. ^_^

On 8/31/2016 at 5:18 AM, paticzek said:

If you lose against lower rank then you will lose more. Thats pretty simple.

It is indeed very simple. It is also wrong :p

For example , I was 1597 elo (silver) and I just lost a single match against a gold summoner. Obviously my elo is lower than his. Yet I lost 23 elo.

Ranking system is random , and that sucks :p

7 minutes ago, Jaylia said:

It is indeed very simple. It is also wrong :p

For example , I was 1597 elo (silver) and I just lost a single match against a gold summoner. Obviously my elo is lower than his. Yet I lost 23 elo.

Ranking system is random , and that sucks :p

Levels will also affect the point gain/loss.

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/31/2016 at 8:40 PM, CravenSquash said:

How is this remotely fair and balanced.

start(win)-1547

win-1554

win-1567

win-1575

win-1588

lose-1579

Nest day

lose-1563

win-1576

lose-1564

lose-1545

I kept track of my last 9 games,
These are the win/lose and points. I under stand if you lose, you lose and need to go down in rank. But this is high silver. Not high gold/plat. We shouldnt be punished so badly for losing. 
Out of the 9 games 5 were wins 4 were loses. Which should mean I should have at least gained quite a bit. out of the 5 wins I only gained an average of 10.8. However out of the 4 loses I lost an average of 14. Maybe not that big of a diffrence. Except, look at 5 wins was the majority. For it to even out, it should be below it if anything. 
Everyone is most likely to ignore this or just give me shit. Do as you will.

The problem is, when you lose a lot of rank for a loss it's because you lost to someone lower ranked than you.   When you lose to someone higher ranked than you, you do not lose as much.  If you win against someone who is higher ranked than you.  You gain more, and you gain little if you beat someone lower ranked than you. The larger that spread is, the more rewarding and punishing it becomes.

And yes levels do effect those gains and losses.

Archived