Decoy after skillchanges in pvp?!?

Ch4oskn1ght

Before the update that F2T3 skill did guard teammembers and not youreself and now it does?

How does that skill work in pvp? Can you extend your decoy after 1,5 seconds if you press 2 again to activate that "seed shroud" like skill and resist another second?

If i understand that right you can bait some guardbreaks and get stealthed instead of stunned like this:

Use decoy -> enemy wants to guardbreak you -> press 2 before -> resist his attack and get stealthed instead of stunned.

Am i right?

They lowered the Protection Decoy cast window down to 1.0 seconds for whatever reason, and the second iframe from its former Hongmoon effect was removed. It now mimic's Summoner's entirely, although it heals a flat 5% on everyone instead of 4% per member and 1% on caster per protected member.

It can be used as an extension and can bait guardbreaks, just like the Summoner version. However, it doesn't give the additional 2 second iframe after countering, and doesn't move us behind the target.

Our party decoy also procs the 2 seconds iframe from hm decoy, witch summs don´t have. But you do get a debuf for 30 seconds when using the party decoy and in those 30 seconds you do not get stealth from your stealth smoke screen. It´s manageable though. Or you just use normal smoke in some matchups.

And yes you can party decoy everything that pierces your defences.

You can btw now also bait guard breaks with decoy > 4, or decoy > c you could not do that before as they didn´t cancel your decoy. It works against destros at least.

Summoner guard break is a little bit different. Once they casted it it´s casting and will knock you down so you need to use an iframe. All the other guard breaks would not do anything to you once you canceled your decoy with moths. Well bm one does kd you instead of stun and tripple kick disables your charges, if they are using the close range one, if they are not using the close range one, then would not be able to proc it from you using your woodblock anyway though. Baiting tripple kick is not really anything youd ever wanna do though as it´s not really benefitial. Party decoying it is fine, as you get stealth from it.

The iframe we get from party decoy does not seem to be 2 seconds it´s definitely shorter. Maybe you don´t even need hm decoy to get the iframe from the party decoy then? I´ll try that too some time, but for the most part it does not really matter. The iframe is more like 1 seconds, meaning when someone pentaslashes into your party decoy the last hit will actually get you out of stealth, while with normal hm decoy you would be able to iframe the entire penta slash, stun after that and still have iframe time left to resist instant tabs. Well you would not do it like that ofc, if you wanna stun him you would not wait out the penta slash, but just to show how much longer the 2 seconds are.

What´s also awkward lightning rod now cancels EXTREMELY fast, witch makes it so when you spam tab you will actually use the tab skill that exits stealth instead of knockup, so i believe you can still do the instant knockup thingy that ppl cannot tab escape, BUT you need to time it as otherwise you´ll use the wrong tab. Also i think you need to be careful when you start with your 4 stun as then you can accidentally use spinal tab as well when you start anicanceling instantly. You could also use this to your advantage and apply x shuriken, or time bomb after you used your 4 i´d say. Might be useful at times as you can stack poison with x shuriken to then be able to spinal tab after it, but it´s hard to fine a good use for that 'feature'.

Archived