Need tips against FM's as destroyer

Hi, I'm a level 41 destroyer who reached 1700 rating in arena. I can play against most classes but I find force masters pretty hard to play against and some assassins who keep using a hit and run tactic. 

The problem that I have against force masters is that they keep kiting me while disabling all of my gapclosers. If I use my boomerang, they use their force field to counter it or freeze themselves for a split second. The only way I can get close to them is by using ss or when they hit on my iframe and I get my knockup on them. I can't grab them either since they will escape out of it. If I red spin they just heal up with their freeze. 

I use parry spin btw.

Any tips?

I'm a level 46 freeze build forcemaster :) I find destroyer the hardest, infact they demolish me so badly I'm thinking of practicing other builds other than freeze. I dont know much about destroyer skills but I think they are using fast movement spinning. When they keep using that, it is so hard to freeze or stun them. I can ss, q, e to run away but they can catch up instantly with that fast movement spinning. So I think that is the key skill to use against force master. Hope this helps you :)

4 hours ago, SoulsHunter said:

I'm a level 46 freeze build forcemaster :) I find destroyer the hardest, infact they demolish me so badly I'm thinking of practicing other builds other than freeze. I dont know much about destroyer skills but I think they are using fast movement spinning. When they keep using that, it is so hard to freeze or stun them. I can ss, q, e to run away but they can catch up instantly with that fast movement spinning. So I think that is the key skill to use against force master. Hope this helps you :)

Thanks for the reply. Do they stun you when you hit on their spin if I may ask?

Even if they catch up to you, the destroyers shouldn't be able to stun you because you have disabled their gapclosers with your freeze.

Any idea how to prevent getting frozen so I can jump again?

5 hours ago, Princess Zelda said:

At lvl 41 there is nothing u can do more. Just get more points. Destroyers can beat some classes without much effort, but I don't think a good FM is one of them.

Allright, what should I do when I have more points? Just spin to them to catch them?

36 minutes ago, Jyanna Sei said:

Thanks for the reply. Do they stun you when you hit on their spin if I may ask?

Even if they catch up to you, the destroyers shouldn't be able to stun you because you have disabled their gapclosers with your freeze.

Any idea how to prevent getting frozen so I can jump again?

No, the spin they use do not stun me. The spin they use increase their movement speed, remove freeze, remove chill, resist stuns and daze (at least that is what I think). They usually spin away from 16m so that we cannot target each other. And since the spin remove the freeze and chill, they can jump in. This is the time I freeze myself to block him and start freezing him. He will start spining again, or put up his shield. We keep trading blows like this until I finally dies because the moment he catches me, he anicancel for lots of damage. Whereas for me I cant do damage to him because I cannot freeze him, cannot daze him, cannot stun him.

Okay il try to help abit.

You need more lvls for sure, HM deflect spin (Tab) is god given vs FM ( if they get deflected it will cleanse chill effect also known as gap disable effect ) which means focus on leveling since destroyer is very point dependent class. Grab is great tool for starting great dps combos specing 3 points in quick slam paired with middle tree knee (F) will give chance of tech chasing them if they roll when u slam them with quick slam (Z). Beware if u successfully tech chase the they will probably use escape so spin before so u dont get dazed then start lmb them to death. Another tip is to avoid using boomerang (Z) but use vacuum (Z) which is far right one, because FM can resist ranged projectiles or just freez themself its safer to just vacuum then and tech chase them with axe sweep (4) consider u must be up close to them. Another way to get to use ur gap closer is by hitting FM with Tornado (Q) which must be speced to the right side, this gives u knock back and chill cleanse. While speaking of tornados try iframing the FM tornado lookalike skill that skill will disable ur Hurricane (Tab) leaving u vulnerable, try iframing it with Searing Strike (C).

All in all ask if u need more help or clearances, but in general u need more levels alot more levels.

PS : To make it clear Hurricane (Tab) cannot make chill disappear only if u get deflected by HM Hurricane(Tab) (which is legendary skill) then chill will be cleansed and also it will reduce 9 sec CD of ur Ram (2).

PS 2.0 : Also if u grab FM and in that moment u are frozen ur likely get stunned, so try using Hurricane Bash (Tab) as soon u grab them to break freez.

Archived