The way of the BladeMaster Part 5 (Step by Step)

RageFrost

Ok, after researching for about 2 hours, I came to the realization there is no accurate guide for this quest.  There won't be a video, just literally a step by step in order to consistently get completions without having to practice it 30-50 times.

1.  In order to make this work:  "Strafe Left and Strafe Right" keys must be bound in the Skills Tab.  No one in any guide for this quest specified this had to be done.  If you are like me and do NOT use a generic MMO configuration, then you need to bind those skill keys first.  

2.  Now that you have your keys bound:  The trick to doing this combo successfully with 100% efficacy is to WAIT until the NPC's Projectile is in motion, Otherwise you will not get a completion.  It helps to stand about 4-5m away from the NPC.   IF you do it to early, the NPC will turn towards  you and then you'll get a resist or iframe proc.  If you do it to late or way to early, well then enjoy the poison damage.

Note:  It does NOT matter how fast you click LMB for Flicker attack.  

Note:  There is a bug with these keybinds because this game has the worst keybind system I've ever seen in an MMO.  DO NOT bind combo keys to these 2 keybinds, they will not work.   You need to use a single key assignment.   At first I used SHIFT + A and SHIFT + D (They will bind) however the bug causes A and D "Move Left and Move Right" to unbind from the Move keybind tab.  And if you bind A and D back, it will remove SHIFT A and SHIFT D from the Skills Tab for "Strafe Left and Strafe Right."

Hope this helps clarify how to do this damn quest, I wasted 2 hours researching how to do it, and placed bits of information together from about 10 different sources.

Took me a while to understand what you were talking about.
I guess you refer to that quest that requires to use 'Blindside' skill, which make you go behind the target.
Default hotkeys are Q and E on a QWERTY keyboard, if you use another layout, there are some actions that are not bound to any key by default. 

4 hours ago, Els said:

Took me a while to understand what you were talking about.
I guess you refer to that quest that requires to use 'Blindside' skill, which make you go behind the target.
Default hotkeys are Q and E on a QWERTY keyboard, if you use another layout, there are some actions that are not bound to any key by default. 

Correct.   But I also wanted to state the bug as well with keybinds.   And no one specifically worded how to complete that quest with any consistency.

I only know what kind of quest you are talking about because recently I've been leveling additional characters, I doubt anyone actually remembers that quest. I don't remember anything about it, leading me to believe it is pretty easy and straightforward. Not sure what the point would be to make a guide for such a thing. We all went through hajoon's way of classes without paying attention, it doesn't teach anything you haven't figured out by the time that quest comes (at least if you like to experiment and play around with your class like me).

Archived