FM questions

Terrorshard

What exactly is chill and or freeze?  I know some skills say Chill.

I know I think it has something to do with being a root.  I'm not sure how to utilize it.

What skills make them "freeze"?  How many times do you need to hit them with said skills to activate it? 

Some advice I saw was trying to get them rooted to take advantage of our melee burst.  Hard to do for me because I don't understand the fundamental mechanic of it all.

Any in depth explanation on how to utilize this part of the class would be greatly appreciated.  Thank you!

13 hours ago, Terrorshard said:

What exactly is chill and or freeze?  I know some skills say Chill.

I know I think it has something to do with being a root.  I'm not sure how to utilize it.

What skills make them "freeze"?  How many times do you need to hit them with said skills to activate it? 

Some advice I saw was trying to get them rooted to take advantage of our melee burst.  Hard to do for me because I don't understand the fundamental mechanic of it all.

Any in depth explanation on how to utilize this part of the class would be greatly appreciated.  Thank you!

You want to know the FM (Forcemaster) part of SF (Soulfighter) or you want to ask questions about FM?

As you are in the SF forum.

Anyway, chill can stack.

At 3 chills, someone gets frozen.

The freeze is a root (meaning the target is immobilized). While immobilized the target cant turn nor walk, unless he has and uses an ability to get out of it.

Some classes have abilities with cd that can remove chills too (BM being among the classes who can).

Chills themselfs prevent the target from using charge abilities.

Several of our spells have either a freeze or chill mechanic on them.
So either you freeze them directly with a freeze spell or you do it through applying 3 chills.

At times its better to not turn the chills into a freeze as they cant charge with chills on them

but they often can use charge and remove freeze, when only in a freeze root.

I hope this info helps.

• 4 weeks later...

Eh, SF stands a decent chance against a FM. Me playing SF, FM and KFM, I would have first hand experience with this. FMs are still strong against SFs because we can't wh0r3 the block button all day like BMs or KFM. 

The best way to beat a FM is to get her cornered or to trick her into popping all her escapes. Be sure to still have a stun left over for when that happens, because when they can't escape, that's the time to use Focus Chi and go all in. 

We being SFs can easily force tab with the stage 2 tier 2. Basically the stun counter, 6 second CD, 2 second stun, a whole lot of annoying. It also helps to spam it when using Self Defense Chi as for the CD on it resets on every resist, along with mid column howling punch (which knockdowns target and makes it easier to tech chase, you're welcome).

There is a lot of things we can do against FMs, it's just a matter of execution.

Archived