Having trouble with BD

Vecks

Hi everyone, I've got one more open slot and am having difficulty choosing a class. I usually play high dps and reaction speed characters, and I already have a kfm and an assassin that I really like. Blade dancer seems really cool to me, but force master and soul fighter also seems appealing. I like higher attack speed characters, with mobility and reaction speed, should I make a BD? What are the perks and downfalls of Blade dancer compared to Blade master, soul fighter, and force master. I solo a lot and don't want something to be too easy, and I like some survivability in a character. So, to sum it up, if I like high reaction, attack speed, mobility, dps, and some survivability, whats the best class?

Thanks so much!

"Best class" is pretty subjective. But based on the things you mentioned--high reaction, attack speed, mobility, DPS, some survivability--I think you would enjoy Blade Dancer. BD attacks fast and you need to keep moving. Unlike BM, we don't really have a good block (you can debate about Blade Guard but it's pretty shitty in my opinion) and the defense is pretty low. But BD has high mobility and a lot of iframes to avoid taking damage.

They also have pretty decent support with lots of trainable CC and the ability to deal damage while grabbing enemies.

Bd's are easy to play in MY opinion. (you guys can correct me if I play the class wrong.) In pve your main damage source comes from anicancelling flicker (lmb while in draw stance) and lightning flash (F while in draw stance) So it's lmb - f, lmb - f. Draw stance is bd's C abillity that activates new abillites, kinda like sin's stealth.

Bd's are squisy so you need to time your iframes right, but that won't be a problem cuz you play sin. I'm a shitty sin player btw.

In arena, bd's are pretty straightforward and easy to learn but hard to master.

3 hours ago, Natello said:

Bd's are easy to play in MY opinion. (you guys can correct me if I play the class wrong.) In pve your main damage source comes from anicancelling flicker (lmb while in draw stance) and lightning flash (F while in draw stance) So it's lmb - f, lmb - f. Draw stance is bd's C abillity that activates new abillites, kinda like sin's stealth.

Bd's are squisy so you need to time your iframes right, but that won't be a problem cuz you play sin. I'm a shitty sin player btw.

In arena, bd's are pretty straightforward and easy to learn but hard to master.

Make into count that you may also add skill to enter into Draw Stance with your V which I nowadays use. Even without resists on V BD has enough resists for for example Yeti to dodge all 8 cruxes and if the player wants to spend money on HM Maelstrom (which is super good) then it's 8 + party save.

As for pve yes indeed BDs are squishy, get hurt alot and die easy until level 45 or so and I would recommend using Wind build with HP drain just to survive and until you get used to the class. After that you should start using less resist and HP drain skills and get Lightning build going as it will increase DPS by alot.

Archived