Destroyer vs Blade Master pve

Manic99

Hi

After hitting level 41 on my Force Master, I wanted to branch out a little and experience melee classes. 

I'm just curious as to what state the Destros and BMs are in at this moment. I searched a fair few forums and I've noticed 

as the months passed the subtle changes they made were very obvious, but I was not able to find more current information. 

Just wanted to know which class had the most Dps, survivability and what roles both of them play in a party?

Any help would be appreciated 

I'm BM main and got a DS for fun, so I'll talk from my experience.
I'm not sure about the dps. BM is more burst oriented than DS. I never tried using Execute with DS, maybe it's good ?
BM got free spammable block that you can keep indefinitely, tons of iframes, and Winged Protector (HM Block) that can save your party (block 3 hits for 5 secs, but duration is refreshed when hit).
As BM you can tank, and still deals good damage since it's more burst oriented.

Destroyer's main role is grabbing enemies to boost party's DPS, except for a few scenarios where grabbing isn't advised (such as Yeti); CCing (stuns and knockdowns are what Destroyers do best); and helping any party member who happens to be near death (grab them and take them away from any attackers) or chi regenerating (Iron Fortress to protect them and speed up the chi regen).

Survivability is also great for the class. Hurricane to either parry one attack or increase defense for the duration of the attack. Cleave to life drain on hit, same with Smash and Wedge. Stone Shield for more healing while also blocking. Emberstomp for a temporary extra boost to both life drain and defense, which gets much better if you get its HM skill. Oh, there are iframes too: besides the standard Backstep, there's also Searing Strike, Fury, Typhoon and Ram.

DPS is OK, I suppose... heavily dependant on anicanceling, though, which isn't exactly easy on your hands, so watch out for that. Also, try to activate Wrath as often as possible. It's faster and deals more damage than the standard LMB.

when come to asura fight, BM can block way better than DS because DS  stone shield is only 4 sec with 45 sec cd and is use most of the time in combat for survivor.

cant rely on DS to block in Asura.

when come to nexus, don't expect DS can handle all cc, the most DS can have is 2 daze, 2 stun and 1 kd or 2 kd, 2 stun and 1 daze .

5 minutes ago, Passel said:

when come to asura fight, BM can block way better than DS because DS  stone shield is only 4 sec with 45 sec cd and is use most of the time in combat for survivor.

when come to nexus, don't expect DS can handle all cc, the most DS can have is 2 daze, 2 stun and 1 kd or 2 kd, 2 stun and 1 daze .

Ehm I think you don't know much about Des, des can block pretty well in asura with the deflect spin which isn't hard to do on just 2 balls (but anyway the first one in fire phase is often took by a FM or something) stone shield is used to block only if you're not confident in the timing or just lazy to time your spin, otherwise it's used for a stun, even if you can spec it in a way you'll have it every 24secs so you can block everything mechanic related at the moment with that shield.

In nexus, des can block easily and about the CCs, yes it can do everything, it's just very HP costy.

Otherwise OP, well BM and Des are 2 classes with really different roles, Des is a support dps while BM is a tank dps. I believe Des can be on par with the BM in terms of DPS and it should do a lot more on burst phases : Soulburn etc ...

As a Des, you have to CC and grab stuff while i-framing and follow mechanics and doing a good ani-cancel, it's really enjoyable in mechanics related dungeons but in damages related dungeons it can get pretty boring and hurt your fingers .. dunno about the BMs stuff but it's kinda all about i-framing things, doing damages and protect your team with HM block sometimes.

55 minutes ago, Passel said:

Actually, it's possible to have lower cooldown on Stone Shield if you go with Stage 3 instead of 4: 30 seconds. Makes it a bit more spammable at the expense of losing Stage 4's Stun.

Also, it's technically possible for Destroyer to have all 3 CCs: Blitz Stage 2 and Knee for daze, Ram and Stone Shield Stage 4 for stun, Boody Kick and Axe Sweep for knockdown. On the other hand, daze is Destroyer's biggest problem because you need to land a critical to be able to use Knee, so... Destroyers still aren't exactly reliable for double daze even though they get 2 of them, which is why I delegate that one for some other class.

56 minutes ago, Tsuchiryu said:

Actually, it's possible to have lower cooldown on Stone Shield if you go with Stage 3 instead of 4: 30 seconds. Makes it a bit more spammable at the expense of losing Stage 4's Stun.

Also, it's technically possible for Destroyer to have all 3 CCs: Blitz Stage 2 and Knee for daze, Ram and Stone Shield Stage 4 for stun, Boody Kick and Axe Sweep for knockdown. On the other hand, daze is Destroyer's biggest problem because you need to land a critical to be able to use Knee, so... Destroyers still aren't exactly reliable for double daze even though they get 2 of them, which is why I delegate that one for some other class.

thats why i never use or count on knee as daze but using pull and daze from Z instead of body kick.

Archived