4 man runs and other PVE

LucyEven

hi there 

so if you wonder off your way and got to this post, grab a drink, have a seat and buckle up, it might be a bumpy ride

what i'd like to talk about here is just my personal opinion, dont twist ur panties before you actualy gave it an honest read , it might be all over the place on trying to make a point but bear ;) with me (rawr) 

its about 4 man dungeon runs, their drops and other instance drops and so on

maybe this would better suit something like a suggestion box

you know how say, blackram supply dungeon nowdays drops you what, 2 poharan parfumes every run, a guaranteed drop

but on the other hand the hae machismo in BSH is on a chance , a very bad one at that too to even give you 1 per run ( am not counting in the group drops ) 

it would be really amazing if bsh gave 2 or even 1 but guaranteed drop like poh, right

hell the instance isnt that short and seems less worth in its item drop then a slightly shorter and say a little easier instance

hope you're catching what am trying to say

now the real thing thats itching me is the instances after that, and especialy the 4 man version of them

lair / necro / yeti / asura 

now for the sake of trying to understand what am saying here, lets give them an example time needed to run the instances

lair about 15 min, necro depending on how its done about 25-30ish min , yeti about 15min  and asura from 30 to 60~

this is just kind of, assumption based avg amount of time , it might take less or more depending on how strong the group is and my asumptions are based on myself, runing in over hundreds of these instances  and what i have noticed and my suggestion as well would be that the dynamic quests for these instances arent really giving you anything rewarding , and while yes me and everyone else would love to have bilion of drops all over the place so we can upgrade stuff ourselfs, sure sure but lets be real with this for a hot min, ok

the drops on avg in these instances go around this : lair - gives 2 darts most of the time ( ocasionaly might drop in an honor token) , above that is in rare side of like 1 in maybe 10 runs to give better drops then that.

necro - similar deal 2 darts usualy, more often gives the honor token with that ( every say 1/3-4 runs it will drop some more darts along side that ) above that again goes into rare side of things with droping a book in 1/15 runs at best ) 

yeti - usual drop is 2-3 darts , again every 1 in 3 runs will also have an honor token ( above that is in rare side, or by my experiance ultra rare to see a book and i am not exadurating from my amount of yeti 4 man runs i have seen 1 in a 100 runs to drop the hongmoon book, which is worse then necro, by a lot ) 

and finaly asura  - normal common drop almost every run is 3 darts per bosses before asura and he himseld usualy drops 5-10, above that 1/3 runs will drop a 4th loot on 1 of the drops with like 8-15 darts more then normal , above that droping 4th loot more then once in the same asura run is pretty damn rare, and the asura potato as far i have seen 1 in 30 runs ) 

now what grinds my gears, slightly for sure is that the droprates for more then those common drops is pretty bad, and feels worse last few weeks, but what my suggestion would be, to make those dynamic quests actualy rewarding, even by a little bit 

if by some miracle someone in charge of balancing these things was to read this and to actualy understand the otherside of the playerbase, that cant live in soulstone plains because their hamster in the pc isnt quite strong for that, and they find zerging open world bosses to be boring

wouldnt it actualy feel rewarding for us, who put our time and effort into getting better ( a lot of us even money ) so that we could do these a bit more challanging instances (4 man runs) that you actualy get reward for all 4 people in these groups...

i really feel that the time and effort put into getting yourself to be able to run 4 man runs and how unrewarding they feel, is very bad...

what am saying is, why not take some more note from the old blackram supply chain instance of where it gives you 2 sure items per run, for every member of the group, and add that to the instances that should actualy be more rewarding ... obviously no one is saying ' ow give us everything' but what i'd like to suggest would be more of a says sure drop froma dynamic reward chest of say, 1 to 3 darts in lair / 2-5 in necro / 1-5 in yeti  and say 1-3 on iruga & 3-6 on asura 

i would say even next to the avg drop rates being not so great by my opinion, if u had even a little SURE drop for every run that you put your time and effort into, wouldnt it be better? i know i would feel rewarded for runing so many runs of these instances, so even when its a streak of bad group drops, evidently you would be getting a little reward for your time and effort

why am i even making this post? well, i'd love if this gets trought to the people that could/might consider doing something about this for most of kind of lone wolfs or puppies :P 

not everyone came in this game with friends and can farm with them at all times , not everyones hamster is good enough to run SSP farming (hell most of us cant afford a hamster like that)

i feel like ncsoft keeps saying ' ow look we're increasing the droprates on frozen darts in instances ' but in truth all i keep seeing is the reverse ... less and less things are droping, yet we're asked for so much more for every upgrade, too many things are luck based , and if someone is gonna stand there and say 'ow the droprates are good' yeah... i can see that... they're really good, even the market prices of those items are so bad now, right? ow wait everything went triple in price, at least

and who can farm in ssp, they're just hunting those 500pp boxes, the moonstones from the chests are so sad, you're lucky if it gives you 1 moonstone in a chest

finaly, i'd like to ask other people what they think generaly on drop rates in 4 man runs/drop rates in general, and if someone has other suggestions that could be interesting but not too unreal ( i think that my suggestion of making dynamic chests a little sure way rewarding isnt too unreal , but thats just me i guess ) 

sorry for taking you so much time to read and understand this, i know my point is all over the place and so is my english but thank you for your time and good luck with your drops <_> 

They didn't increase the drop rate of items, they increase the drop amounts. Prior to that, i would seldom see 5 or 6 stingers after multiple runs.

I do see the same amount drop as usual, but occasionally we'll crit on a drop and get anywhere from 12-25 stingers on a single run. This wasn't happening

prior to the update, if you could call it that.

You'll usually get on average 2 or 3 stingers per run which is ok, the problem would be splitting them if you do 1 run. But on the off chance you might get

lucky and get a nice crit on the drop.

Honestly I dont mind the loot table for the Dynamic Boxes in dungeons. They keep me full of pots and hammers. I have gotten lucky and gotten a few tokens

from it. Although after awhile the healing pots have begun to stack up.

My suggestion is to find a group who can generally clear 4 man Lair/yeti consistently and do 2 or 3 runs each since they are the fastest to clear. After that split

the stingers evenly between yourselves. Its what are guild does, as im sure others do as well.

thats exactly the problem, is that its not even worth 1 stinger per run for each member of that 4 man group for such farming, a lot of times you barely get 1 stinger each, after 2 runs... which is why i'd like something consistent so that people arent left out, yes you MIGHT drop that 12-20ish stinger , once in 20+ runs... 

I don't think dungeons are supposed to give you all you need in a few hours. Remember, the content should last many months. Even with our patch speed you can easy upgrade your gear to what you need and even more just by doing the dailies. Of course you can't upgrade your weapon every day but upgrading any accessoire is easy done in 2-3 days. If you spam dungeons and/or are very lucky, you can make money very fast. You can also grind SSP if that's more fun for you (not for me, but only the dailies + some soulstones from your Points gives you 50-60 gold every day). If you increase the drops in the dungeons, upgrading will be way to fast, even for the current patch speed.

I personally think that 4-men dungeons should at least drop 4 stingers ( it's called 4 men for a reason ), like wise for 6-men.

During my free time I either farm SSP for moonstones ( stacking up to 300 prestige points for me is considered damn lucky ) or farm 4-men dungeons for stingers.

Also SSP boxes should give more moonstones. Players stayed more than half an hour until that *cricket* pig at the last 5 minutes to kill it. Though during the 30 minutes, consider yourself lucky if grassquatch spawns.

you know thats not that bad idea either, instead of 2 , 4 darts as the lowest drop per run, that would be ok, if you're say farming with clan / friends , everyone gets a little, and its not really giving u stuff fast or free, ur all putting effort into farming the darn thing, as for SSP , you know in all honesty its fine as it is... IF you're actualy able to farm there without lagg like me and many others, eventualy u get urself to farming the 500pp boxes, and hell people that are farming those, are all in legendary wep by now ... so no i wouldnt say that they get little , they get plenty out of ssp, hell i wish i could, i'd farm there every now and then , it would help me a lot really but am freezing there.. for me thats not an option :/ too unplayable, so i have to rely on daily stuff, if these poor 4 man runs drop anything and what little i make on my own ... 

Archived