PvP Warlocks......

Altheatheia

Ah, I was thinking of doing the daily on my WL while leveling to accumulate 5K beans, and after trying it on level 43 or so, let's just say I did not like it at all. :) Will wait to do it level 50, maybe a few skill points will help matters. I am not dedicated enough to get all those HM books (tbh, I don't even know how, save for 'really hard'), so zen beans one is the only realistic HM book for me.

23 hours ago, xCandyBear said:

when i ask my friends why they picked up warlock among all classes they answer me it's mainly for pve and in pvp imo they are better than summoners but warlocks are a class that can make a diference in pve the most.

the only class that truly needs devs attention is SIN because they are not good in pve since this game is melee unfriendly and no tank abilities on top of that! so if you mess once you're dead unless your evasion rng saves you but that not going to save you everytime. I wouldn't mind die a bit more than other classes if the dps of a sin was truly at same level as one fm.

Also it is a recommended class  for pvp more than pve and sadly you barely see a sin in the top 20 in EU servers, i don't know about other servers but that's how it is in EU *facepalm*

But doesn't matter how many times we complain nothing will change the best option we have is choose other class or just quit or pray for better improvements in the future.

Good luck on your choices.

22 hours ago, Talinoth said:

Top 20 in NA is full of sins, and along with BD/Destro seem to dominate at the highest level of play.

As for pve, sins are very powerful and extremely useful in the right hands. I play both Force Master and Assassin (maining FM), and both have heaps of utility and are huge assets to their parties.

Assassins don't do quite as much damage (in practice) as FM, but they outdamage almost all other classes and seem to tie or even beat Summoners in raw damage dealt to bosses.

Blue buff (Fighting Spirit) is a HUGE asset to any party that has it, and the extra damage your party will deal to a boss as a result makes the Assassin slightly more useful in terms of raw dps than even a Force Master. Blue buff also keeps the party alive - along with the damage and crit rate buff, you and your party get huge lifesteal and can heal back insane amounts of hp.

In a party with my regular Assassin teammate, she gives me blue buff whenever I take a large chunk of damage in 4 man Asura, and I can burst the boss with Meteor Shower and Inferno to heal back to full hp in seconds. She's like my pocket healer except she deals almost as much damage as I do.

Assassins are also extremely useful for skipping trash mobs in a variety of dungeons, especially in organised parties. In 4 man Yeti, our party can skip the large room with the Yeti Chief Hunter because we can run past the trash mobs while our assassin goes over and kills the Chief Hunter in stealth.

In 4 man Asura, after killing Ken and Gen we can skip the Snowbearer trash mobs with party stealth smoke cloud, the party recall Lotus, and then party stealth smoke cloud again, only stopping to kill the Shieldbearers and do the damage reflect mechanic against Iruga's Shadows.

They have great damage, excellent utility, and because of their Z and Poison Breath on 4, not to mention blue buff, have a surprising number of good healing abilities.

Shunpo (E) and their SS are both excellent i-frames, along with their Lotus Fury (C) i-frame. Stealth grants a 50% evasion buff, a movement speed buff that makes dodging boss mechanics fairly easy even when bossfights have True Sight, and nice damage with lightning build, while experienced assassins with low ping using a Dark build do shockingly high damage in bossfights.

Assassins are often hampered by poor tanking (bosses moving around too much will lower dps)/poor party play in general and ping issues, but take away those and you have a class that is very, very effective in all aspects of the game.

It just takes a bit of practice.

oh shit son, you just got schooled. 

Very well put together Talinoth.  Was in a party with a sin for 4 man asura last night the he did what you wrote. It was so quick I had time to run it twice. Sin blue buff+ WL SB is so pewpew. 

People who literally think Warlocks are overpowered are clearly silver and don't know jack about the class.

They get bursted down to time distortion and cry for Warlock nerfs. Method literally only works from silver to gold, when I pop my time distortion and my opponents just stand there, thinking it's a good time to deal damage instead of running away. I believe Warlock only has one winning match up and that is Destroyer. Also, just because some players are in the top ranking doesn't mean that the class is fine. A Warlock needs to play better than their opponent to win, if they both were playing equal, the Warlock will lose.

It's also a shame that the HM skills that really help Warlock, are also quite expensive like Soul shackle and Bombardment.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived