need help against some summoner skills as bm

when i encounter summoners, i always faced some of these problems. 1st one the summoner will resist my attacks with flicker stun. I don't know why, i set my effects settings to 3 but i dont see a petal storm, i don't think petal storm will stop the flicker stun from going through since its a melee attack and the attack did land, or am i mistaken? it happened twice, the summoner just stood there and it says resist, the summoner is still standing though and did not disappear at all.

sometimes, a summoner can simply disappear for a short while, by short while i think its like 5 secs more or less, even when i did not hit the summoner with dandelion. They just disappear into thin air and i even have problems seeing their shadow, then they just pop up in a corner. What skill does that?

lastly, sometimes a summoner can cast an attack on me and i was unable to block, i thought it was petal storm at first since i get the graphics bug even at setting 3 where all i can see sometimes is smoke or nothing. I ss back but i am still unable to block. Would be nice if someone would please help me with these questions :p they are like my worst matchup, and even if i visit bnstree to see their skills i need a clearer description of what their skills does but its so hard to get a summoner to show me those in arena.

Petal Storm does not prevent you from using Block, it just puts your block rate / evasion rate to 0. (The ones in your stats, but they're at 0 in Arena anyway).
True Friend T3S2 make the summoner and the cat resists 5 hits.
Their trinket make them stealth for 3 secs. 
While casting Seed Shroud (their dandelion) they can use Enhanced Seed Shroud if they press F, making them stealth for 1s.
There's a skill that leave a green-ish area under your feet, that prevent you from blocking. The effect lasts for a few secs, even if you SS.

Then if they do weird stuff, like perma stealth, teleporting in a corner. Probably hackers (and/or bots).

oh wow thanks, especially the part about petal storm and enhanced seed shroud. I guess its still a pain to fight summoners, but at least i get more insight on how to deal with them. 

5 sec immunity resist tho thats a pain :/ 5 secs is more then enough for them to cc and paw me while i must avoid hitting them. I wonder tho, do true friend activates for both the summoner and the pet even if the pet is already cced? actually can they even activate true friend? i think i saw a post about how a summoner could not use true friend for yeti because it was frozen.

True Friend should activates for both. Not sure if they can use it if familiar is CCed, need to ask a Summoner for that.
Some said they could use True Friend when cat was frozen, some said they cannot. 
I think they can use it when cat is CCed, but don't take it for granted.

Fighting summoners is a pain, i'm not sure how to play against them myself.

On 5/30/2016 at 7:45 AM, Els said:

True Friend should activates for both. Not sure if they can use it if familiar is CCed, need to ask a Summoner for that.
Some said they could use True Friend when cat was frozen, some said they cannot. 
I think they can use it when cat is CCed, but don't take it for granted.

Fighting summoners is a pain, i'm not sure how to play against them myself.

True friend is only available if the cat is up and moving. If they cat is grappled, stunned or knocked down it won't work. There is another skill through that can give similar immunity if speced right. I'm just trying to remember if it's the cat heal or the recall.. ugh I would need to be in game to look. 

Also if you spec it right you can go into stealth when you SS back. I don't know if that makes the cat vanish or not as well, never looked at the cat.

Archived