I'm a little confused.

Fang Himura

I had a weird thing happen to me earlier. Not sure if it's happened to anyone else.

I went to log on as usual, and when I typed my info, it said my account had been accessed from an unverified location and I had to go to my email and use a verification code to log on.

So I did, and it told me the IP from the person trying to access my account. So I hurried and changed my password and logged on to see nothing was changed in my account.

I checked my email, and it verified that I had changed my password. It also showed me my IP address, from where I had changed it from. However, it was also the same IP address as the one saying it was an unverified location. MY IP address. So I'm just not really sure what just happened?

I haven't changed computers or locations at all, and it was totally out of the blue. I'm still feeling uneasy about everything that happened, especially with hearing how a best friend of mine had been hacked out of the blue. Has this happened to anyone else?

36 minutes ago, Fang Himura said:

I had a weird thing happen to me earlier. Not sure if it's happened to anyone else.

I went to log on as usual, and when I typed my info, it said my account had been accessed from an unverified location and I had to go to my email and use a verification code to log on.

So I did, and it told me the IP from the person trying to access my account. So I hurried and changed my password and logged on to see nothing was changed in my account.

I checked my email, and it verified that I had changed my password. It also showed me my IP address, from where I had changed it from. However, it was also the same IP address as the one saying it was an unverified location. MY IP address. So I'm just not really sure what just happened?

I haven't changed computers or locations at all, and it was totally out of the blue. I'm still feeling uneasy about everything that happened, especially with hearing how a best friend of mine had been hacked out of the blue. Has this happened to anyone else?

Don't sweat it. You may have received a new lease from your DHCP server, or your external address could have changed due to some ISP shenanigans, or maybe due to some NC hiccup your verified location was erased from your verified locations.

You can see your "authorized locations" in account settings: you might see your old address (should be just a little bit different from your current one), or just this one. Either way, absolutely nothing to worry about, it was just you accessing your account.

12 hours ago, Shintuan said:

Did you ADD/SWAP any physical parts to your computer? Because doing things like that can cause issues like this.

Nope! It's been the same since the other day. 

11 hours ago, Enhance said:

Don't sweat it. You may have received a new lease from your DHCP server, or your external address could have changed due to some ISP shenanigans, or maybe due to some NC hiccup your verified location was erased from your verified locations.

You can see your "authorized locations" in account settings: you might see your old address (should be just a little bit different from your current one), or just this one. Either way, absolutely nothing to worry about, it was just you accessing your account.

I see! Thank you for the clarification. I'm not the best when it comes to tech and with all the hackings and whatnot going on, I was just a bit worried. Now, I dont have to worry as much. So thank you again. I appreciate the response!

Archived