Closing the gap between casuals and elites

Yeti303

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
57 minutes ago, Lurkios said:

Those who play less often will find themselves just under the "elite" - whereas the "elite" will be putting in 400% of the time for 10% more power. You don't need to the absolute best to complete any content in the game, leave that for people who've earned it.

Oh, but you do. SSP and battlegrounds are unplayable without gear, and even Arena PvP depends on the Dragon Certificates and HM skills. Without SSP, no Moonstones, without the Moonstones, your gear will be forever stuck at True Oathbreaker, which is level 47 gear.

Look, what I am saying is that you misunderstood his/her post as entitlement because it was poorly worded. What s/he was saying was not: "I DESERVE it, GIMME!!!!!", it was: "Please, have mercy...."

I am just hanging around till the 17th, when my sub expires, so I am over the angst & despair, but I feel it in that post. Some folks just don't see it yet, that the train is gone for good, and if you did not catch it, quit while you are behind or it will still amount to nothing anyway, might want to try to keep up, and well, the OP is trying to find some small way to catch up, not to have hand-outs of everything at once.

5 hours ago, Yeti303 said:

You play 24hours a day and earn 100g + fixed amount of new currency. Someone else plays 1 hour a day and earn 1g +fixed amount of new currency. New currency can be use to buy Moonstones, Soulstones etc etc etc. Person who plays 1 hour use it to upgrade his/her gear. You on the other hand has maxed out gear, you then procceed to sell FOR gold what you've earned through fixed currency. 

OP.. Youre entire idea.. is how the game already works...

You play 24hours a day and earn some amount of experience + fixed amount of gold(from dailys). Someone else plays 1 hour a day and earn less experience + fixed amount of gold(from dailys). Gold can be use to buy Moonstones, Soulstones etc etc etc. Person who plays 1 hour use it to upgrade his/her gear. You on the other hand has maxed out gear, you then procceed to keep your gold. Now you get even richer whereas the poor,.

This is the same thing.. Gold or your so called new currency, nothing changes.

the "fixed amount of gold" is ofc, because each daily has a set amount as reward.. A player doing all 40 dailys will still earn more than someone only doing 5 dailys.. and they would do so in your system aswell..

Unless, you actually mean, that this player, who only did 5 dailys, should get the same amount of currency as the person that did 40 dailys..

And if you think that.,. well, *cricket* off with your entitlement.. you don't get shit for nothing, do the work..

One thing that would be nice is to add the materials absolutely needed for upgrades, like Moonstones, to the venues  that do NOT involve the competition for DPS between the players, where the under-geared people do not get the drops. At least for soulstones you can compensate by very slowly scraping them together in Mistywoods. But Moonstones... the only time I got a credit for Suljun was because there was only 6 or 8 players fighting it.

On 5/5/2016 at 9:18 AM, babeln said:

i doubt anyone will change game and system as is, its 8+years old

4 years old, not 8.

I'd like to see Moonwater transform stones be a drop/reward in the Moonwater purple dungeons so that people can at least catch up to Silver frost content. Those who already craft those stones can move up and craft Silverfrost transform stones.

Catching up your new wave of players is a good day, it means they will stay.

You know what you need to craft the Silverfrost Trans stones? I've just looked. It's 250 soulstones for starters AND it takes Moonstones too.... I think I might calculate the refiner profitability for starters, b/c the Soulstones... that's insane.

This game is a hair-rising nightmare, and will remain that. There is no fixing it, no way of playing it for less than 3-4 hrs a day, every day.....

16 minutes ago, Velrofica said:

my point in this video, relates to the topic " Closing the gap between casuals and elites ", don't keep on telling me what 400 and 600 ap, it's just closing the gap.

No, it was actually completly useless for this topic

Archived