Closing the gap between casuals and elites

Yeti303

Hi,
like the title says, here is my suggestion. Hear me out.

Introducing another form of currency. This currency, is unlike zen beans or gold. It is earned through any forms of gameplay available. I'm talking dungeons, field bosses, pvp, 6v6, killing players in open world, SSP, dailies, factions quest, storylines, and i mean literally every content. Just to give a brief example. We will name it chaos beans for easy reference. Have a vendor that sells valuable items. Eg. bundle of 100 soulstones for 10k chaos beans. 5 MTS for 5k chaos beans. 2 Moonstones for 10k chaos beans, 5STS for 10k mts. Thesse are just examples. Now, how this works is, everyday, players get for example, 1k chaos beans by completing the daily challenges. And through grinding dungeons and fields bosses earns you a significant less amount (for example 10 per heroic dungeon completion.) This give casuals a "way" of catching up. They dont have much time to play, or dont dedicate that much time to play and only have time to complete the dailies for example. Thats 1k chaos beans per day. While the elites, yeah, they have a ton of time. Grinding dungeons non stop. Well, that would not be ecnomically beneficial, as it is only 10 beans per run. You will need to do 100 runs per day just to earn what the dailies(which take at max 2-3hours?) could get you. Also, by implementing time gated untradeable materials for high tier equipments(legendaries?). this in a sense brings down the P2W element of the game and legendaries cant be achieved just by a swipe of the card. Then again, its would also means reduced profits for NCSoft, so i guess that would be a "NO". oh well, just my 2 cents worth.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1. There should be a power gap between the "casual" and the "elite". Why invest the time/effort if everyone is going to get the same reward anyway?

2. I don't see how this would close the gap. The "elite" would be getting the same currency every day as the "casual" as well as a bit more. It's just like dailies are now, giving free stingers and gold for one run - and if you wish, you can run again and again for a lesser reward, but it adds up.

3. There is no p2w. Everything you can get with money you can get with time.

3a. NC is a company. NC wants money. Changes designed to get people to stop spending money aren't going to happen.

I got a even better idea. ..

How about we stop using the terms elite and casual and treat everyone equally instead of promoting ppl that feel entitled to something which they aren't ?

Next: the p2w as you call it. It would all not be a problem if they reduced the mats needed to upgrade and made them non tradable. Then everyone needs to bust their butt off to get them and not just swipe a card.

Just hand out the weapons (blight, infernal, profane and brightstone) that you lock with stupid rng boxes available as quest rewards instead. You need to do this up until Profane at least, after that people can grind their teeth to dust in silverfrost. It took me two days to get weapon from hujikar and now I am stuck at Profane Jianshi since the start of this week. Profane essences go for 40 ******* silver each.

Seriously, do something about the lower levels.

27 minutes ago, Grimoir said:

I got a even better idea. ..

How about we stop using the terms elite and casual and treat everyone equally instead of promoting ppl that feel entitled to something which they aren't ?

Next: the p2w as you call it. It would all not be a problem if they reduced the mats needed to upgrade and made them non tradable. Then everyone needs to bust their butt off to get them and not just swipe a card.

Firstly, I mean in no way as an offensive remark referring peole as casual or elite. And I disagree, equally and equality is just wishful thinking. There is a huge power gap. Just as it is with everything else. Economy. Riches of people. Games.  yes, we should get rewarded base on our efforts we put into this game, this "system" that i am suggesting, is not making so so that casual players can instantly be as strong as people with alot more time on their hands. It is a sustainable way of allowing MORE people to enjoy the gameplay without having to invest 20 hours a day. Afterall, we all want to have fun playing video games right. Also, if they make mats non tradeable, the marketplace would cease to exist as i believe mats are the most bought and sold items there. The p2w as I call it, is simple. P2w = pay to win. What is the definition of winning? having the best gear and doing the highest level of content available in record breaking time. Will swiping your card AKA paying allow that to happen. YES. Of course, would investing 20 hours a day and not swiping your card get you there? YES. Difference is, the time spent. Time = money. Illuminati confirmed. Jk. hope you see my point.

46 minutes ago, Lurkios said:

1. There should be a power gap between the "casual" and the "elite". Why invest the time/effort if everyone is going to get the same reward anyway?

2. I don't see how this would close the gap. The "elite" would be getting the same currency every day as the "casual" as well as a bit more. It's just like dailies are now, giving free stingers and gold for one run - and if you wish, you can run again and again for a lesser reward, but it adds up.

3. There is no p2w. Everything you can get with money you can get with time.

3a. NC is a company. NC wants money. Changes designed to get people to stop spending money aren't going to happen.

3) well, i see time = money, Therefore p2w.

1 hour ago, Yeti303 said:

Hi,

Introducing another form of currency. This currency, is unlike zen beans or gold. It is earned through any forms of gameplay available. I'm talking dungeons, field bosses, pvp, 6v6, killing players in open world, SSP, dailies, factions quest, storylines, and i mean literally every content. Just to give a brief example. We will name it chaos beans for easy reference. Have a vendor that sells valuable items. Eg. bundle of 100 soulstones for 10k chaos beans. 5 MTS for 5k chaos beans. 2 Moonstones for 10k chaos beans, 5STS for 10k mts. Thesse are just examples. Now, how this works is, everyday, players get for example, 1k chaos beans by completing the daily challenges. And through grinding dungeons and fields bosses earns you a significant less amount (for example 10 per heroic dungeon completion.) This give casuals a "way" of catching up. They dont have much time to play, or dont dedicate that much time to play and only have time to complete the dailies for example. Thats 1k chaos beans per day. While the elites, yeah, they have a ton of time. Grinding dungeons non stop. Well, that would not be ecnomically beneficial, as it is only 10 beans per run. You will need to do 100 runs per day just to earn what the dailies(which take at max 2-3hours?) could get you. Also, by implementing time gated untradeable materials for high tier equipments(legendaries?). this in a sense brings down the P2W element of the game and legendaries cant be achieved just by a swipe of the card. Then again, its would also means reduced profits for NCSoft, so i guess that would be a "NO". oh well, just my 2 cents worth.

This is done in Dragon Nest but... the easy way out is simply... to have a healthy economy and not one which is ruined by bots/hackers.

As for elitist and casual players closing the gap I do NOT agree , I'm sorry. Tell me why should I have the same equip with one that has put 10 times less effort than I did. 

One thing to keep in mind, Im not talking about those who spend real money just about those who are genuinely hard working.

1 minute ago, Kohashi said:

This is done in Dragon Nest but... the easy way out is simply... to have a healthy economy and not one which is ruined by bots/hackers.

As for elitist and casual players closing the gap I do NOT agree , I'm sorry. Tell me why should I have the same equip with one that has put 10 times less effort than I did. 

One thing to keep in mind, Im not talking about those who spend real money just about those who are genuinely hard working.

I dont agree with having the same gear. Take for example guild wars 2. If you think legendary items are insanely hard to craft in BNS, GW2 is diabolical. Main reason, they have mats which cant simply be bought off the market. And timegated as well. It requires a painful amount of time to craft them and I am sure, a casual player would probably take 3-5x the amount of time it took for a player with more time to craft it. Wouldnt it be the same in this case. 1 month ago, true pirate was the ultimatum. The epitome of weapons. Right now, everyone is having it. As more content is released, the casuals will slowly pick up. What i am suggesting is, a more sustainable way for them to catch up. I dont believe making an "easy access" to such materials would suddenly mean everyone having the best tiered equipment possibly available. There are still many other factors like gold and time. yes time, the mats are easier to farm, doesnt mean it will kill alot of time farming them as compared to running 10 rounds of yetis, the amount of stingers loot will still be alot more than trading "chaos beans" for it.

1 hour ago, pgrcrazy said:

Just hand out the weapons (blight, infernal, profane and brightstone) that you lock with stupid rng boxes available as quest rewards instead. You need to do this up until Profane at least, after that people can grind their teeth to dust in silverfrost. It took me two days to get weapon from hujikar and now I am stuck at Profane Jianshi since the start of this week. Profane essences go for 40 ******* silver each.

If you really like the game, you can buy a Moonwater Key or could have kept your free Key you get from the surveys.

The problem isn't the power gap (unless its created by hackers) - the problem is how elites treat lower level players. Once some people have the gears and practice to master a dungeon, they feel entitled to mock the people who are just getting started.

One thing that might help is a level and/or gear requirement to enter certain dungeons. This would prevent people who are truly too low level, and who would prevent everyone else from finishing, from entering only to be subjected to a lot of abuse inside. It would also prevent bots who haven't upgraded weapons from leeching off the dungeon.

pffft, nothing will change ever, what a pointless discussion... wanna close gap? do it, buy boxes! gap is closing, today 4x yeti f8 pug 580 550, all fail... gap closing really cool, we farmed it 3man 520ap countless runs, boxes close gap, and here you are

The gap was created by the rushed content, where other regions had years to get to where we are, so people could play 3 hours a day and be the same as everyone else, we got things 12 times as fast. Not 1 year between major patches but less than 1 month. That would mean a casual player is someone who plays 36 hours per day.

This is the major problem and needs to be rectified and not with some leveling event because levels mean nothing and are acquired over time, while materials mean everything in the time frame. Level on the other hand means everything to get NA/EU hongmoon skills from Level 50 HM 15 which will be needed in the arena e Sport.

Why close the gap between casual and elite? there is a reason people are casual and why some are elite. just sounds stupid to punish people that are elite so that people that are casual can get stuff for no effort. This game if more or less farmed based with makes people that farm be ahead of people that dont like to farm or dont have time to farm. So to implement a system that punish people that are active in the game just so people with less time can get stuff without putting in effort is just stupid

45 minutes ago, Shadzar said:

This is the major problem and needs to be rectified and not with some leveling event because levels mean nothing and are acquired over time, while materials mean everything in the time frame. Level on the other hand means everything to get NA/EU hongmoon skills from Level 50 HM 15 which will be needed in the arena e Sport.

It's not a problem at all. Getting to level 50 is cake for anyone, and once you're there you're able to handle the vast majority of the games content. Everything save for the end-game "heroic" dungeons.

They're called "heroic" dungeons for a reason. They should take a bit of effort to be able to handle - if we could blow through everything with the bare minimum what point would there be in leveling? Do some dailies, upgrade a few items - by the time you're needing stingers for upgrades you'll have no problem getting them. Same goes for HM - a bit of time, you'll get there. Until you do, while the few points and HM skills are certainly nice, they're not necessary outside of the zen bean skill - and that one's easy to get.

5 hours ago, pgrcrazy said:

Are you on NA or EU?  I'm looking at the market now and NA prices for Profane essences are 8-10s. Granted a stack of them is still expensive for beginners.

It occurs to me that this "gap" is coming to a boil because of the event/challenge that assigns you 4 dungeons a day: these include top level heroic dungeons. I started trying dungeons I had previously avoided because of all the mean-spirited elitism in order to meet this daily challenge. I'm level 50 hm7 with True Oathbreaker Weapon, so I shouldn't feel so intimidated that I don't get to try new content. However, I can see the problem in cross-server dungeons when people who aren't even level 50 keep trying to join Yeti or Cold Storage, causing whole groups to waste their time on an obvious fail.

It seems to me that the event should be keyed to character levels so people whose level is too low won't feel pressured to leech.

Also, since anyone can join open cross-server dungeon parties (do people really spend an hour calling for all 550ap??!), then perhaps level minimums could be placed on heroic dungeons? In other words, someone who is level 48. no matter how godly they think they are, wouldn't be able to register for cross-server parties going to Cold Storage.

it is a redundant and useless feature u are asking.

u want a coin that is earnt by playing content.

this coin can be used to purchase stuff

GOLD: universal value in game.

u can gather GOLDS by playing content aka dungeons, daily, challenges, selling stuff etc.

u can use GOLDS to purchase whatever u want as long as u meet the GOLDS requirement.

if i play 24 hours doing all dailies and farming dungeons i am entitled to be more rewarded than you that play 1h a day. because i spent more time. and i put more effort u did.

then there is RNG drops.

then there is NCoins and F10.

spending money in game is not P2W because time= money. it is P2skip, because time = effort.

u use time= money when u spend time farming content. then the faster the more money. except RNG drops.

as already stated: useless thread

12 hours ago, Yeti303 said:

Hi,

Here is an even easier solution -> equalize the dungeons. EG: L25 dungeon normalized to max AP required for that dungeon level, say 150-175, L35 to 250-275, L45 to 350-375.

Everyone is on the same playing field no matter how far advanced your AP is, and it will get rid of all those 450AP *required* for Black Ram runs bullsh*t.

Archived