kfm as pvp and pve?

user001

what is the state of kfm in pvp and in pve?

is it true that a little sudden lag sometimes will ruins the kfm pve gameplay? and how hard is kfm in pve as tanker compared to bm? i have a main bm- just wanna try different class so was wondering about kfm...

in pvp i heard ice fm, some warlock and sin can be a painful experience in arena... how far is kfm badly countered? or is it just some crying babies whining as usual..

In PvP the only class which I know can counter me very bad is fm and ofc sum cz they counter everyone I mean...

FM can freeze and spin around u I have trouble with guys with HM8-7 FMS otherwise Sins are nothing even if HM7-8 I can deal with them just maxed out my KFM 50 HM1 with 1650 rating.

For sins the main trick is to see their black shadows use block/stun to get them out of their invsi state and make sure to use up their escapes and then stun lock them.

Let them think they are in control as a KFM you can take down 70% HP with stunlocks if they have no escape.

But you do need good connection as a little lag can cost you a match.

In morning I lost to a sin just because of a split second I missed my 3 punch combo while I had him grappled and he won.

In Pve imo KFM is more pvp based because of his buff but it can tank you need good timing as it only has a sec counter whereas BM block can be extended to 4 sec with a skill I cant remember what the name is.

A little sudden lag will not ruin the gameplay, but every missed iframe will hurt badly if you are tanking at the limit of your capability. Had some bad connection yesterday and I died tanking in a lvl 45 heroic dungeon even though I am lvl 50 HM5. But luckily the lag cleared away for the final boss and we could do him as a trio no problem.

So KFM tanking is definitely lag dependent, not sure how much better it is for BMs, though. I find tanking harder with my level 45 BM, but then that will be my inexperience with the class.

Well executed, KFM is arguably top tier tank, the iframes and aggro abilities are pretty good. Just not very good at getting aggro back once lost, you need some sensible holding back of the group there.

PvP in arena, KFM has always been good middle field, with few hard counters. Or rather, depending on people's individual play style, some classes are felt as counters even though other KFMs have no problems. These are summoners, forcemasters, BMs even. Lately, assassins are being felt as a hard counter, but then they have been just boosted generally and many other classes complain about them now as well. Personally, sins felt moderate to easy before their boost, now moderate to hard. Summoners are harder for me, forcemasters easier, but I guess that's just result of my style.

• 1 month later...

Put it simple in PvP KFM has no strong matchups, they're all in mid-matchups meaning you won't feel happy like a SIN is happy to meet a KFM in the arena. SIN just destroys any KFM. SINs lose to KFMs only if they are brain dead.

On 5/3/2016 at 11:41 AM, Shuchin said:

A little sudden lag will not ruin the gameplay, but every missed iframe will hurt badly if you are tanking at the limit of your capability. Had some bad connection yesterday and I died tanking in a lvl 45 heroic dungeon even though I am lvl 50 HM5. But luckily the lag cleared away for the final boss and we could do him as a trio no problem.

So KFM tanking is definitely lag dependent, not sure how much better it is for BMs, though. I find tanking harder with my level 45 BM, but then that will be my inexperience with the class.

Well executed, KFM is arguably top tier tank, the iframes and aggro abilities are pretty good. Just not very good at getting aggro back once lost, you need some sensible holding back of the group there.

PvP in arena, KFM has always been good middle field, with few hard counters. Or rather, depending on people's individual play style, some classes are felt as counters even though other KFMs have no problems. These are summoners, forcemasters, BMs even. Lately, assassins are being felt as a hard counter, but then they have been just boosted generally and many other classes complain about them now as well. Personally, sins felt moderate to easy before their boost, now moderate to hard. Summoners are harder for me, forcemasters easier, but I guess that's just result of my style.

Tanking 'against' AS/WL/FM/SU with similar gears as BM is relatively easy.
The 'hardest' part is when they start before the BM, since BM tank requires to proc that cyclone for threat buff.
Lag / high ping is annoying for any ani-cancel, and flicking spam. 
But BM have burst abilities, which is enough to keep aggro when you have the threat buff.

Archived