Help me with Turning Leaf, please.

The skill tip for Turning Leaf says it is instant cast. However there is a noticeable delay between pushing the button and the body swap that happens.

The skill tip for Shadow Dash says it stealths when cast on targets that have Turning Leaf cast on them. However if I cast Turning Leaf on a target that is facing me, and then cast Shadow Dash very quickly thereafter, I don't stealth.

Can anyone please help me with the mechanics of Turning Leaf? Does anyone use it in Arena PvP, and if so under what circumstances?

Thanks.

are you sure you aren't lagging? and that's what's causing the delay? Also, you should definitely wait a split second before casting Shadow Dash after Turning Leaf.  If you cast it too fast, the opponent is still "facing you" (as you have not swapped yet) and thus you will not stealth.

Turning leaf is basically like a projectile, so it takes a bit until it hits the target. Also if shadow dash is cast before turning leaf hits the target, the you will dash to the target but fail to stealth. At least that is what I have understood from my experience playing my sin.

As for arena, turning leaf is a core skill for your combos but you need to be careful since it can be i-framed if your opponent reads you intentions.

Thanks, Rajak.

That makes sense. I had been starting to wonder if that was the case. There was a feeling of a projectile about the animation in the delay. Now I need to learn to not stand still while I wait for the projectile to hit since that might help them read my intentions.

Archived