Help a new brother out!

Ciocolici

Hello guys!

I just started the game, I used to be a WoW player, but I always wanted to try some other MMORPGs out, but I was always scared because I might not understand the different mechanics, items and stuff, because most MMORPGs out there don't really explain how to and what does what, so beginners always have a hard time. Luckily, in BnS I got everything in-game, the game explained me 'til the actual lvl that I have everything that I needed to know, without doing any research, and I  got so fast into the story and stuff, the asian style of things and everything, maybe because I used to played 9Dragons and I am an anime freak. But anyway, there are tho 2 questions I must ask.

First is: Are there are any professions or something like that? I just got in Jadestone Village and I met some NPCs that were asking me if I want to go with a prof. or something like that, I don't get it. Can someone explain it to me? Anything that one must know about those profs. or what those are.

And 2nd: I will provide a SS below, please guys, tell me how to clear my little bag. I found out that in BnS (or at least that's what I believe atm) there are no useless items that drop from mobs that you just throw 'em away to not waste space in your bags. And I saw that every item has its purposes. So please tell me what to do. Some of the items that I have I've not idea what to do with, but still... You will see in the SS what I have in my bag. Any suggestions?

http://imgur.com/pAq0NEv

Oh, and by the way, do banks or things like that exist in this game? Storage or something? (I think this counts as the 3rd question, oh well)

Anyway guys, if there's one thing I don't like at this game then that's the gold chat spammers, dahhh. I'm sick of reporting/blocking every spammer.

1) Yes, there are professions. You can only join 2 crafting ones and 2 gathering ones, to a total of 4. When you join a crafting one, it'll recommend gathering and crafting professions that go well with them (i.e. Merry Potters craft and Green Thumbs gathering). For gathering professions, you'll have to go find a sample of whatever item they can gather before you can start gathering from them. You can search up their locations, but once you find the item on the open world, you don't have to touch it again, and can start requesting them to gather it for you. For crafting, as long as you have the materials, you can craft things. Gathering and crafting items will gain you experience for the profession, and leveling up will unlock more things to craft/gather. Be warned though that some professions are money sinks and have little value outside of clan crafting.

2) Some items are not necessary to keep. The only important items you keep are your Hongmoon weapon and accessories. For any soulshields, only keep the ones you see are an upgrade to your current set. You'll be rapidly changing them as you level up. Any white/green soul shields should be discarded. As for any weapons/accessories you find, only keep them to level up your accessories. If they're max leveled, salvage them. Early on they'll salvage into broken pieces, which you should sell to NPCs since they're useless. But later on you'll be able to salvage them into jewel/element powders, which are used in transmute to elements for leveling your weapon/accessories (they give a lot more experience). Any item that has the "Miscellaneous" tag on them are usually worthless.

3) Yes, there is a bank. Any town that you visit that has a Dragon Trader that looks like this:

aroBHY2.png

will allow you to access your bank. On the mini map the icon will look like this: f405IEa.png

Any crafting/evolution materials can be stored in your second tab, while weapon/accessory chests/items can only be stored in the first tab.

Alright. Thanks a lot for the help!

7 hours ago, Skaitavi said:

As for any weapons/accessories you find, only keep them to level up your accessories. If they're max leveled, salvage them. Early on they'll salvage into broken pieces, which you should sell to NPCs since they're useless. But later on you'll be able to salvage them into jewel/element powders, which are used in transmute to elements for leveling your weapon/accessories (they give a lot more experience).

Oh, but I can't find the option to salvage the weapons.

You're free to enter and leave any of the crafting guilds, but your experience and level with that guild will be reset. You need higher guild levels to craft better items. Recommend guilds for beginners are Merry Potters + Green Thumb and Soul Warden + Tree Fellers. This will help you make transformation stones need to advance your gear. Forgekeepers is mainly to make cosmetic overrides for weapons. Earthseer and Acquired Taste is mainly for making the an item thats required to get your final windwalking upgrade. Silver cauldron doesn't really make anything too special.

Equip all of the green/blue soul shields you get, usually they're part of a collection achievement. If you need to unseal it, check the achievement list first as to not waste your unsealing charm. Otherwise destroy it. If your gear is already maxed, feel free to destroy all weapons and accessories, unless your close to the next breakthrough or transformation. Breakthrough weapon/accessories will tell you in the item description, however there's no need to keep a breakthrough weapon that's not for your class. Throw away or use the Stalker Jiangshi essence, in the future for all other essence items, just use them all on their specific wheels, there's no point in keeping them. Throw away your training repair hammer, there's a level limit to it's usability. Bank your costumes, soups, pirate emblem, upgrade element, viridian poison, lucky tonic, dragon pouch, viridian transformation stone, gem fragments and recipe. You can throw away the escape charm and return charm, try to use the antidote as it's part of an achievement. The pickaxe and jar can be used to collect from certain nodes on the map, but they have long respawn times. The remaining stuff you can keep in your inventory.

1.  Yes, there are gathering a crafting professions.  They're just like garrison missions in WoW.  Click a button, wait a bit of time, and click another button when the time is elapsed.  Rinse and repeat.  The one exception is that in gathering, you need to unlock the material you want to "collect" by finding at least one node in the world first.  Don't expect to craft anything good if you're doing it by yourself on a single character.  The best you can do is craft some basic materials required for more advanced recipes which require an army of alts or a player guild of crafters.  Don't expect to make much money either.  Most items crafted are often acquired much cheaper off of vendors and the auction house due to bots.

2.  Gray items can be sold to a vendor in this game just like WoW.  In fact, you have access to a vendor from your inventory page.  It's the bag icon at the bottom (though I'm not sure if it's the one grayed out in your pic or the other one).  Weapons and accessories are fed to your equipped items to evolve them and increase their stats.  You can also merge soul shields of different types together to increase their stats slightly.  Or you can salvage both weapons, accessories, and soul shields to get reagents used for upgrading.  The salvage icon is the leftmost icon in your screenshot.  You can also right click on items and choose to salvage that way as well.

3.  Banks are located in just about every town or city.  They're called dragon traders.  They also give you access to the auction house / marketplace.  Just look for the place where everyone is just standing around, chances are you'll find the dragon trader there.

Archived