Ideas for open Pvp

Demonlunar

What are some idea's that the Blade and Soul team can do to help improve the open pvp. Since were getting a good amount of negative reviews about it. Ranging from low items obtain to pvp bully/farmers. Especially in the Misty wood area.

Thats a difficult question to answer. But the important thing is that NCSoft has designed successful pvp systems in the past. Most true for Linage II which i have actually posted about in this same Forum.

The first thing that has to change is either an efficient way to maintain a balanced population in opposing  factions, or a means for a smaller population to effectively compete in open world PVP events.  Currently the system does not allow an underdog to even have fun.

OW PVP kills needs a completely re-worked reward system. There is no incentive to fight. I don't need to kill a single enemy player to maximize my XP and loot each day. its literally just a PVE game with an arena...Player kills should be highlighted in the stats and well rewarded. This should be scaled on the gear and level of the player defeated.

Clan wars are also SUPER important to a fun OW PVP game. it encourages people to work together in order to be successful. it also creates interesting conflicts which can happen unexpectedly. on the other hand, Passive players can elect to not participate in clan wars making it inconvenient for nobody.

1.  Server metrics should track the number of players who have killed at least 10 enemies per week while flagged in a faction uni and balance population based on that.

2. Areas with high rewards (like SSP) should probably be instanced with forced numbers balance between factions.

3. Faction PVP (specifically the actual PVP part, AKA ACTUALLY KILLING PLAYERS) should have tangible rewards (like exp, or purchasable items that you can only get with points earned for killing the opposing faction), and those rewards should have a % based increase modifier that scales based on how outnumbered one faction is (based on the metrics in my #1 suggestion).

4.  Swapping factions to a numerically superior faction should be MUCH harder and have a much harsher penalty (like permanently flagging you to the side you abandoned for a couple  weeks).

there is not much to say about open world PvP it all became absurd after people optained 450+ Ap, you can kill others in a few seconds, first hit matters.

I wanted to do misty woods dailies with my BM (60k life) i ran out of my base and a Sin with 600+ Ap killed me in 3 seconds, i couldn't even react to anything before i was dead.

I hate to be rude but doing those old man cho quests which forced you to go into faction gears are annoying to do. Since people can waltz in the enemy camp and stay near the merchant for free kills: for that i think their should be a penalty on the person who camp in the enemy base. But then their are bots who deserve to die but people who do those quest gets punish for a few prestige points. They could add some immunity when talking to merchant in factions but only to a certain extent. Then how high levels people can farm the lower level for points. Which is completely low for a player (same for attacking afk) but in all pvp games people will go low to do anything to be on the top. This is all my opinions and i'm sure i made a great amount of typo's and grammar errors but this is the internet where spelling and grammar rarely exist. 

Archived