Computer Performance

MichelleZhivago

Hello, all!

I have been playing Blade and Soul off and on since it was opened in February/March. I have the Level 43 FM and the Level 23 FM and have generally enjoyed the game. 

My problem is that I have really struggled to play and can not really do teams for dungeons or PvP because of the lagging/choppy play. Having asked a number of players in game, I have come to believe that my computer is definitely not performing even to the minimum standards and having issues with this game. (I have played Scarlet Blade and Continent of the Ninth Seal previously without serious issues.)

In this game, I have had FPS of as low as 1 and as high as 19 but typically 11-15 for PvE, dropping down to 5-9 in dungeons. Aside from the visuals being poor, I can not really take part in large portions of the game and have had to do dungeons solo which typically meant doing them over and over until I had leveled enough to be able to handle them by myself. Really inconvenient as I have multiple dungeons in Moonwater that I can not begin to handle yet. :(

On a side note, WHY are there no options to do a Solo Version of the dungeon? Not everyone wants to team for a dungeon. Everyone always seems to be in such a mad rush. And of course being harangued for poor play is bad enough but even worse when you suspect that you "suck" because the game and your computer are not cooperating. Not being the team players.

I have a Hewlett Packard ENVY Beats 23-n010.  Perhaps not a great computer but it is a decent computer and as I said, had no serious issues with 2 other games. Below are some more informations regarding my compy. If anyone has any ideas why I am struggling so, I would appreciate any suggestions. Bear in mind that I am hopeless with technical things and need complicated fixes to be explained in easy steps. Actually, even a lead would be nice. Worst case, I can google what you are telling me if you do not wish to go into detail. Thank you.

Michelle 

C: Drive 796 GB free of 915 GB total 

Sys_zpsxatccvdb.png

Unless you've upgraded it, the 23-n010's video is driven by an integrated, Intel HD Graphics 4600 controller.

That means you don't have a real graphics card/gpu, it's essentially an afterthought tacked on to the CPU and not adequate for much outside of office programs, Windows Aero and perhaps the most basic of games (Scarlet Blade and Ninth Seal being good examples).

That system was never designed for gaming, it was designed for media (videos, music) and office type applications. Because it's an all-in-one, you'll likely find it difficult/impossible to upgrade. To give you a point of reference, people generally drop $250-600 on video cards just to run these types of games, and your system doesn't have one at all.

tl;dr - You need a different computer for B&S.

Oh. O.K. Forever doomed to lowbie status or quit. Are video cards standard? Is it a new thing? Why would this compy be specially incomplete? (I guess that explains why the store manager gave me such a great deal.) Well, in any case, don't mean to bother you any further, but thank you for the reply, anyway. 

Michelle

Are video cards standard?

-Yes, any computer designed for gaming will have one, if not two.

Why would this compy be specially incomplete?

-It's not so much incomplete as it is simply not designed for games. It's designed for media (hence the Beats branding), which it's entirely adequate for.

Archived