ANy tips on how to improve FPS :) ?

Heaven888

I downloaded this game yesterday and was having a great time for the most part but I am playing  on a subpar computer and would like to increase my FPS. Its bassically intel core duo with an old graphic card that I bought for like 40$.

Ive heard I can reduce the backround icons but im not sure how to  do that anyway, anyone else has any tips on how I can improve my frame rates without settings everything to min because quite frankly the game would not look very appealing. Currently playing medium settings.

But I was able to run gw2 at absolute minimum settings at 60 FPS and the game still looked great at low settings however its not the case for BnS :(

1. I strongly suggest that you overclock that CPU (it usually goes well with the Core(2)Duo), you can benefit a lot there and honestly, with such an old machine there is no damage to be done really. ;)

2. Make sure that you radically minimize the amount of programs running in the background. With this machine i would, strictly saying, install nothing else than drivers and the game to be played. Any background task (you recognize them by the icons next to the clock in the bottom right) eats away some of your super super precious CPU time. :)

3. For the GFX i´d disable vsync, go low with the setting for shadows, disable the ingame AntiAliasing, it is bad anyways and i would only AA in this game via SuperSampling. Reduce effects for other players and eventually some of the drawing distance as well. Hopefully your unknown 40$ GFX card is not the core issue here...

I am here to bump this as I would be interested in any tips also. I have been playing for about a month, off and on, and have never seen anything better than 15-19 FPS and then only in areas that were empty and have been as low as 5 FPS. (Currently running the default settings.)

There certainly are some optimization problems with BnS, but you should not expect really high fps on high settings with an old machine - which is not even achieved by modern over average machines. At least not in all situations. I dont think any player can play all content with 60+ fps. 

Anyway, the game is really CPU heavy. As weaponzero said, the best thing you can do is try to overclock it. You did not give us many informations about your system tho. Look up some informations about overclocking if youre not familiar with it. Other than system stability the only thing you really have to care about is temperature. Try to get to about 4ghz, the more the better. That you have a dualcore shouldnt matter sooooo much since this game mostly utilizes 2 cores. More cores are still better since that way other programs wont conflict with the client process.

But honestly.. if you dont have good fps on the lowest settings and you want it to look better and improve your fps, if overclocking doesnt help, the only thing you can do is upgrade to a better pc. I mean.. from what you said, the hardware should be about 8 years old. At least. 

33 minutes ago, Heaven888 said:

Thanks weaponzero! i am now trying to search for this overclocking thing ^^ but most people says it requires a fan or a cooler and im not sure if I have that and if my CPU can handle the heat.

Well every cpu has a cooling system, some are just better than others and you probably have the default one which isnt really powerfull / made to overclock.

You can still try. That`s why i said you should keep an eye on your temperature tho. There are tools for that, CPU-Z for example.

Archived