End Game PvE Ass?

Thanks

I am tore between which character to focus on as my main: Ass or WL. 

I started this game with an Ass and it has been my main for a while.  Then I moved onto trying different classes and finally decided that I also like Des, BM (tank spec) and WL.

Obviously Des and BM are relatively different from the more DPS-oriented Ass and WL.  And I will decide some other time which one I have to level up as my secondary character (probably a BM tank).  But now, I would very want to gather some of your opinions as to the usefulness of Ass and WL in late PvE contents.  So any comments are welcome.  Also, if you want to choose one to be in your team, which one would you choose?

Thanks!

I'd pick Assassin. Both have buffs and altough the WL buff is better DPS-wise, you can use Fighting Spirit simultaneously making it a little bit more versatile. Assassin is also (more?) versatile overall, you have many abilities that can support the party and can also tank many bosses if you want/have to. DPS wise, Assassin is better if you play it correctly. Fun wise, I don't know about you but playing a ranged class in this game is pretty boring to me. You'll have a easier time, but get burned out much earlier. Also, soloing content can be difficult with WL.

I don't play Warlock (or any other class) but what do they have? A pet, ranged attacks, and most importantly Soulburn. What do Assassins have? Fighting Spirit, Stealth, two party pulls that compliment survival and/or stealth, a "grab" (albeit inferior to others and not widely used in PvE), multiple iframes (Q, E, SS, C, V), and CC and grab escapes (Tab, V).

Assassins are overall extremely versatile with the ability to play DPS, support, and evasion tanking roles, but are one of the most hated classes by the NA community because of "bad players" and/or we're severely underestimated. Warlocks are automatically loved because of soulburn but are overall very squishy.

45 minutes ago, Shadovvv said:

IAssassins are overall extremely versatile with the ability to play DPS, support, and evasion tanking roles, but are one of the most hated classes by the NA community because of "bad players" and/or we're severely underestimated. Warlocks are automatically loved because of soulburn but are overall very squishy.

Not that much on EU anymore, though. Some people are directly looking for Sin for 4man for example. Sins are still not the most liked class in EU overall, though.

Archived