windstriding mid-combat

cyclo

today i got ambushed by the other faction during my misty faction quests, no big deal. i died, i ressurect. i try to get a beter spot to pvp 3v1. i probebly wasnt gonna take them all down but i dont mind some competition. as i locked 1 down and started bursting him i was sure i was gonna kill his ass. sadly 1 or 2 hits before killing him he did a windstride animation and he just dissapeared. im really dissappointed with this happening and plz fix this. this is something that wil make me quit open world pvp alltogether if it gets to me.

That's the escape function, that enables someone to flee when stuck (due to bugs etc.). It's also commonly used to escape unfavorable PvP-battles. As this is also the only way to escape when stuck, the developer high likely won't change this feature. It has a 20 minutes cooldown though. Just try to cope with it.

wel it could be changed that after pressing escape, you wil get a 5 or sec timer where you have to wait for it to actually makes you escape. as its ment for escaping bugs im pritty sure people dont mind waiting for a timer if they really are stuck. you cant even EXIT the game during combat against AI, but you can abuse this in pvp? no wonder noone fights fair matchups in openworld. guess il just avoid it aswell then.

7 hours ago, cyclo said:

wel it could be changed that after pressing escape, you wil get a 5 or sec timer where you have to wait for it to actually makes you escape. as its ment for escaping bugs im pritty sure people dont mind waiting for a timer if they really are stuck. you cant even EXIT the game during combat against AI, but you can abuse this in pvp? no wonder noone fights fair matchups in openworld. guess il just avoid it aswell then.

A wait timer would just make the feature worse. What if you're falling into an empty void? That would just cancel out the wait timer and you'd be stuck forever. And you can't close the game when fighting against players either.

Let's face it, no one likes getting ganked for just minding their own business, This feature is highly unlikely to change, you're going to have to deal with it no matter how much you don't like it.

8 hours ago, cyclo said:

[...] no wonder noone fights fair matchups in openworld. guess il just avoid it aswell then.

There are no fair OW-PvP-fights and OW-PvP isn't meant to provide them (in no MMO I've played so far). It's either ganking, zerging or spawncamping/spawnkilling, so... take your poison. At least you can't get ganked without faction dobok equipped. Don't be angry though, soulstone plains doesn't have a "kill xyz amount of players"-quest anymore, they're pure PvE (unless you want to kill players for prestige, which can be risky).

This is something that everyone has access to so its not imbalanced. Furthermore someone doing this loses all prestige which is the only thing you could take from them upon killing them. it bums me out too when it happens but Im grateful for it when an FM throws me into a Terror. 

14 hours ago, NaoiAi said:

[...] it bums me out too when it happens but Im grateful for it when an FM throws me into a Terror. 

This is actually a valid reason to use the escape function mid-battle IMO. It's way better to loose prestige without the FM (or berserker, sin or whatever) gaining it, than granting those guys prestige through this PvE-troll-tactic.

Archived