Premium Tempered Clay Refiner not unlocked...why?

Nilkemios

The previous two premium refiners (Lake Mud and Earthenware) were available to craft as soon as you had the proper guild level, so I can see no good reason why they decided to pull a 180 and gate the third one behind a recipe, especially seeing as this is a necessary component for Moonwater Transformation Stone, which are only available via crafting themselves, meaning that I either have to get lucky and find it somehow, or be stuck buying the stones, which costs more gold than I have, on top of the ridiculous cost for upgrading the weapon with them (2 and a half gold just to upgrade Infernal to True Infernal with the stone...what the f***).

Sigh. Guess I should expect this from NCSoft. They did make Aion, after all...

Well from now on you will need to get the recepie. The one you need now drops in Brightstone (very rare drop) so prepare quite a lot of gold for bidding. Also 2.5 gold is VERY cheap. Later you will need a LOT more + feeding fees. Another way is to save up a some gold and buy Premium Refiner from market. You can then make 10 stones, sell them and hope it will be enough to buy a recepie from market. I did that long time ago and never had problems with moonwater stones again. Stopped my progress for like 3 days but it was well worth it. 

It is not made to be very easy to upgrade nor it should. The game gives you challenge of getting better gears slowly due to the forever exponentially rising amounts of materials and gold you need. It is possible to get better gears within time, get gold from doing quests in E.Fleet ad Nightshade Harbor for example or go to the Brightstone Ruins with a party. People bid for Moonwater tears around 1 g per 2 tears meaning at least 20 silver a run for you. Once you have enough Attack Power, skills and knowledge of how the bosses etc. work you can farm solo Brightstone Ruins and drop the Merry Potter Secret Technique to make Moonwater Transformation Stones. I wish you would show me MMO where it is possible to nearly max your gear within few days, weeks or even months. Patience, persistence and coordination with playtime/skills will help you gear up.

I'm not asking for it to be "very easy", I'm asking for it to be reasonable, which it isn't. You don't suddenly gate items necessary to upgrade Lv36 equipment behind Lv45 content unless you're very stupid or just a troll. On top of the cost of one Moonwater Transformation Stone for the weapon (and 2 and a half gold), it'll cost 5 of them for each accessory, along with 50 Soulstones, 5 Naryu Silver, and 13 gold for each accessory as well. That's ridiculous. How long am I supposed to spend grinding E. Fleet and Nightshade Harbor then, a year?

In the end, there's no excusing this. They f***ed up. They took away any ability for the player to progress on their own terms, forcing you to either be a leech or forced to rely on the market. At this rate, this game may fail just as miserably as Wildstar did.

Oh, an MMO where you can fully gear up in days/weeks/months? Guild Wars 2.

Unfortunately, patience, persistence, and coordination don't work anymore clearly, only gold. What a waste. Guess I shouldn't have hoped for any better from NCSoft.

4 hours ago, Nilkemios said:

I'm not asking for it to be "very easy", I'm asking for it to be reasonable, which it isn't. You don't suddenly gate items necessary to upgrade Lv36 equipment behind Lv45 content unless you're very stupid or just a troll. On top of the cost of one Moonwater Transformation Stone for the weapon (and 2 and a half gold), it'll cost 5 of them for each accessory, along with 50 Soulstones, 5 Naryu Silver, and 13 gold for each accessory as well. That's ridiculous. How long am I supposed to spend grinding E. Fleet and Nightshade Harbor then, a year?

In the end, there's no excusing this. They f***ed up. They took away any ability for the player to progress on their own terms, forcing you to either be a leech or forced to rely on the market. At this rate, this game may fail just as miserably as Wildstar did.

Oh, an MMO where you can fully gear up in days/weeks/months? Guild Wars 2.

Unfortunately, patience, persistence, and coordination don't work anymore clearly, only gold. What a waste. Guess I shouldn't have hoped for any better from NCSoft.

Well it's lvl36 equipment only by name. In fact, you can complete most content with those awakened infernal accessories. For example I still have them and I'm normally playing 6 man frozen fang. I'm pretty sure you can farm lvl 45 blue dungeons with even lower version, then upgrade them.

I know how you feel at the moment but trust me. Slowly work your way up. First buy items from market when you can. Once you have upgraded your items so you can solo Brightstone Ruins you can start selling items and gaining money back you spent on your upgrades! :) I was also once thinking the money needed to upgrade are insanely high and yet here I am at Awakened Pirate stage! It is possible and pretty reasonable if you simple grind patiently.

On 4/2/2016 at 8:39 AM, zorz767 said:

Well it's lvl36 equipment only by name. In fact, you can complete most content with those awakened infernal accessories. For example I still have them and I'm normally playing 6 man frozen fang. I'm pretty sure you can farm lvl 45 blue dungeons with even lower version, then upgrade them.

Story content and side quests, sure. But dungeons? No. Not unless you have a nice team willing to carry you.

Archived