Awakend Siron Razor or Oathbreaker?

Hello! I know it may sounds stupid but can you explain how this paths work? I have Awakend Siren razor now but what is this outhbreaker thing? Its a new weapon that I need to upgraid or what? Im sorry but I just didnt find any information.

1 hour ago, Hecatecat said:

Hello! I know it may sounds stupid but can you explain how this paths work? I have Awakend Siren razor now but what is this outhbreaker thing? Its a new weapon that I need to upgraid or what? Im sorry but I just didnt find any information.

Oathbreaker is an alternate weapon path, but due to it randomizing number of gem slots and requiring more expensive mats to upgrade, Siren -> Pirate path is considered the better one the way things are now. Since you started the Siren path, you don't really have to worry with Oathbreaker anymore.

On 3/28/2016 at 6:09 PM, Aevri said:

Moonwater Transformation Stone 7g ea

Silverfrost Transformation Stone 34g ea

Go figure :)

I have the same question as the OP and am the same class.

I don't quite understand your reply,  I have spent the last 4 hours tonight reading endless posts about which is the better path.  With your response I went back into the game and checked to make certain my notes were accurate.  It shows Moonstone for both choices - no Silverfrost mentioned.  It's cheaper in gold (8 vs 12), fewer moonstones (3 vs 4), fewer soulstones (50 vs 70), and no silver (0 vs 10). How is it cheaper not to do Oathbreaker?  Also the only comments I have heard on loosing gem slots were only slots that were opened with the hammers.  And there were a many topics about this on several sites.  Nothing said about random slots on the NA server.  In fact I saw a post from an NCSoft person that stated gem slots would not be random on NA.

By the time they both reach level 5 the stats are almost balanced even between them.  I don't know beyond that because it doesn't show beyond stage 5 max numbers.  No one is posting actual numbers to compare only on potential cost difference.  I am supposing that it may have been Silverfrost trans stones at one point - did this change on that ninja patch they did on the 30th? Has the costing been adjusted to better reflect what can be done vs what they wish it could be, to get more people on the Oath path vs the Pirate path?  Who knows?    I do know that it is now cheaper to go Oath than Siren.  But I don't have any numbers beyond what I can see on my own character.   And numbers are what are important.  Not idle speculation or reference to any other region - I would like to know numbers for the NA region.  I am already crippled enough with my internet - I need facts to make a good decision not some opinion based on China, Korea, Japan or Europe data.

Does anyone have actual hard numbers I can look at from the NA server so I can make a rational decision?

Archived