Is FM ping friendly?? Can i play him on wireless?

HeiHua

After lots of time playing assassin im getting annoyed by it. 

Every fakin ping jump, every damn time whenever im getting high ping for some reason i miss my stealth and have to start over or die in seconds, this makes me furious. 

The higher ping you get the lower your damage is as a assassin (no wonder why it has double ass). 

So im asking you people, is FM any different, does it require low ping and good connection in order to do your best? 

Are there any hyper-sonic spammable abilities i could use them every 10 miliseconds or i could chill a little bit with FM and dont worry i will miss something? 

So far i have 16 lvl with it and it feels comfortable to play even if i get ping jumps from time to time, but how it is on the max lvl??? 

Thanks for answers. 

In PvE... No. In PvP, yes, like every other class. But it is less ping reliant than other classes. Summoner and Warlock are also not really ping reliant, so you maybe want to try them out too. PvE is legit just pressing all your buttons. PvP is really hard tho, and spamming will get you to Gold but not further, you will never see plat, unless you learn to combo and perfect the usage of your chill stacks. So it is ping reliant, but every class is and FM is relatively not that ping reliant compared to other classes.

-Ra9eQuit

I would argue that FM is more ping reliant at a high skill cap than all other classes.  Even though I've got 30ms ping to my server in open-world (and to the IP/port using a TCP tracert to the PvP server), I still get 200+ms in-game in the arena and in cross-server dungeons.  This makes LMB-RMB ani-cancelling difficult and just flat out not work a lot of the time and only one skill goes off, whereas it works flawlessly in the open-world maps.  If you try to weave RMB's into as many places as possible to keep a freeze stunlock combo going, you'll miss the timing on certain skills.  For instance, an ideal double air combo out of an impact double stun would be something similar to the following based on what cooldowns and spec you have, but this is based off of Jaesung's PvP "basic combo" that so many people know already, and I'm just explaining how high ping just makes it fall apart.

• Setup with Freeze, 2 chill stacks, and their Tab on cooldown.  Can do this using Glacial beam, 2x LMB RMB, or often times I'll get 2 chill stacks then Frost Fury them as soon as my orbs need refreshing.
  • Impact (stun)
  • LMB X RMB (freeze)
    • Can't fit all 3 here and have to set up with LMB before the first Impact instead so this is just X RMB
  • Impact (stun)
  • RMB LMB Tab (1 chill + knockup)
  • Z RMB 4 (place Ring of Fire bomb, 2 chill, aerial grip)
    • If you try to RMB here, you'll miss aerial grab and your combo is cut way short
  • Bolt Bash to drop them with ~2sec left onto bomb (knockup again)
    • With bad lag, the 2sec mark on the Phantom Grip bar can be a half a second off or more based on how long it's taking to fire off skills.  It's REALLY easy to miss this and either have them roll out of the bomb or have it detonate too early
  • LMB C RMB (focus regen from C, freeze)
    • You can miss 1-2 F's if you use RMB here
  • F spam
  • RMB Impact
    • You can use this RMB instead of the previous one, but if you don't use both, you miss out on the chill stack which will cut your combo short later on

The combo goes on for quite a while longer, but you've probably already missed several required chill stacks or just whiffed on timing the Ring of Fire knockup.  This means you can't get another Impact stun in and they're out of the stunlock.  The double aerial itself doesn't add much damage over a normal aerial combo and the strength lies more in the extra chill stack.  Without it you have to skip the F spam (and its good chunk of damage) or you lose the stunlock.  There's just so many things that can go wrong to screw this up just due to ping even if you're playing it perfectly.  Even a simple LMB RMB Impact can take too long to fire off and they might get out of the first stun and have time to defend/iframe.

FM PvP in general revolves around LMB RMB Impact stuns and you'll miss a LOT of these with high ping.  For instance, if you don't have Frost Tornado up against a BD and he's not focus starved...you can never get an Impact stun off on him without blowing other cooldowns (can try to time a char or beam in between their CC immunity from spinning but will probably waste it, can mash 4 to phantom grip and immediately drain to drop them and hit them with the last RMB and Impact while they're on the ground, but they'll probably be quicker with their Z to break free from the grip and punish you, etc.).  If you're further than 5ft away or so, they'll see an RMB coming at them and spin to deflect and daze you, so you have to be really close...which then means there's a longer time between the RMB landing and your Impact going off, so they'll spin to break the freeze, get free focus and a speed buff, and your Impact will hit the spin and now you're deflected and dazed too, just for good measure.

In comparison, once I set somebody up on KFM or BD, I can ani-cancel spam all day long and the only downside to high ping is getting one less attack in before the next stun/daze.

Archived