Bot's Evolving?! Teleporting Bots...

TaurinFox

I don't have a video or anything, but today my boyfriend and I saw several bots in the misty woods pvp questing area TELEPORTING around the map... I come from Archeage where bot's teleport across the map and under the map so they aren't easily reported. I know what we saw several times and no, it's not lag or rubber banding, they we're teleporting around the map to quest npcs and quest nodes.

This needs to be addressed as this is very serious.

7 hours ago, TaurinFox said:

This needs to be addressed as this is very serious.

One of NCSofts other games "Wildstar" had massive problems with teleporting bots too.  And the bots were pretty active around the time WS still had a box price and sub fees. I havent played WS much recently, even though they are now F2P.  I tried to check for you just a few minutes ago to see how many teleporting bots are still in game but for some fun reason my WS will no longer launch.  Anyways yah Wildstar devs/CSR had their whole process for how to deal with those bots which (imo) was too slow.  I reported a ton of them and usually it was common to still see them around in game a week or two later.  Then they would do a mass ban and get rid of them all.  I guess their intent on doing the mass ban was cause they would also do a patch that would fix whatever it was that was allowing them to teleport around.  But of course you would see more teleporting bots in game a few days/weeks later.

I noticed they started teleporting now just the other day.

Before it was easy to spot the bots, almost all of them are wearing "hongmoon outfit with a blue lycan weapon". Now that they teleport it's much easier to detect bots.

Archived