WL vs Sin - What penetrates Decoy?

DesertRose

I was playing against a Sin, and once they used Decoy (Sin 2) I tried to used my Tether Blade F2 T3 (X), as it penetrates deflect. However to my surprise the sin was stealthed and teleported behind me. So apparently Counter > Penetrates Deflect.

That leaves me with the question how to break through Decoy. Does Soul Shackle F3 T3 (2) breaks through it?

What about Wingstorm F3 T3 (V)? It penetrates defense and deflect, but will it also penetrate Counter?

1 hour ago, DesertRose said:

I was playing against a Sin, and once they used Decoy (Sin 2) I tried to used my Tether Blade F2 T3 (X), as it penetrates deflect. However to my surprise the sin was stealthed and teleported behind me. So apparently Counter > Penetrates Deflect.

That leaves me with the question how to break through Decoy. Does Soul Shackle F3 T3 (2) breaks through it?

What about Wingstorm F3 T3 (V)? It penetrates defense and deflect, but will it also penetrate Counter?

Our knockdown will work, as I've busted a sin's whole combo because I knocked him down during decoy ani. They don't expect it, because we're still a relatively new class.

Generally, "Defense" and "Defensive skills" refers to block and counter only. Deflect/Parry does not count as defensive, nor vice versa; they are entirely separate effects. Skills that Deflect are usually in the Offensive-Defensive category, such as Vortex, Hurricane, or Blade Strike. The major exception would be stage 2 Block or stage 3/4 Quell, which are Deflect applied to Defensive skills.

Archived