Raid and Heaven Split question

WayOfTheBacon

Hi all,

I'm new to BM and a bit confused with the T2S2 of Raid skill "Status effect lats for 2 sec". I've search the web and ppl claimed that it will increase the status effect previously applied to the target for an "additional" 2sec. So, I tried with the combo: stun >> D-stance >> Raid or Daze >> D-stance >> Raid or KD >> D-stance >> Raid....but the skill doesnt seem to increase the duration of the CC at all.....am I understanding something differently?

Also, does the "Heaven Split" effect after a successful cyclone allow me to use "Singing Lark" without having any points on SingingLark skill(Pierce T3S3)? Because, im not getting that 10% life absorption.

thanks 

1) "Pierce & Heaven Split Maximum Boost" is stated in "Cyclone" skill description instead of "Readies Heaven Split". It means that on successful Cyclone execution, the skills under the "Pierce" skill tree can be activated with increased attack speed, hence the "Maximum Boost". Thus, Cyclone does not allow the use of Heaven Split (Singing Lark) without any points invested into it.

2) Raid status extension, from what I've noticed, it will not stack with the timer of the CC previously applied. Rather, it will apply the same status condition as the previous CC on the target with a 2-second timer. Eg. if I use a 2-second Daze on the target, and then use Raid *immediately* after, it will not CC the target for 4 seconds, rather it will simply apply a 2-second timer that overlaps the previous timer, giving a total of just 2 seconds of CC. I'm not sure if Raid will actually overwrite a 3-second CC to 2 seconds.....

Lyssa is correct about the Raid skill.

It will reset the cc timer to 2 seconds, regardless of when you use it, meaning it should be used as close to the end of the CC duration to maximize it's effectiveness.

Example:

You're in Draw stance, and you Flicker stun the opponent. This stun has a 2 second duration. During the stun, you execute x2 Honed Slashes. The 2nd Honed Slash finishes just before your Flicker stun expires, so you press Raid, to extend the stun another 2 seconds, giving you time to do 2 more Honed Slashes, or whatever else you wanted to do in that time.

Archived