Soul Shackle & Rupture - High Pitched SFX

Soragami

Hey guys

I'm currently enjoying the newly released Warlock. But one thing is really bugging me:

There's a really high pitched sound effect, when using Soul Shackle (Tier 3 Move 1) or Rupture.

It's really hurting my ears and in parties with 4-6 WLs right now, I have to tune down the volume to almost zero.

I also tried filtering the high frequencies through an equalizer, but it's not really helping.

Does anyone else experience this and maybe even found a solution?

I would really like to have a slightly different SFX for those two skills.

Greets,

Soragami

On 7.3.2016 at 9:53 PM, OkamiTsuchi said:

High pitched? I haven't noticed it and I tend to notice anything that is discomforting or high pitched as far as sounds go.

Really?

In that case, try speccing Soul Shackle to T3M1 and use it on a single mob, that is almost dead and kill it immediately (so that the shackles are still there for a few seconds, but without an enemy). Then listen to the sound effect. You should hear kind of a beeping sound (5 times, probably won't hear the first one though, because of other SFX).

2 hours ago, HeyMe said:

If it's that icy sort of "Sching" sound, I hear it, and don't really mind it.

I think you're talking about the sound of the chains, when they appear. That one's ok.

But if you spec it to T3M1, it'll deal damage 5 times. That means, you'll hear the SFX of the chains appearing and then 5 times the "dmg-SFX", which is a really high pitched beeping sound. And that's the one i hate and also occures when using Rupture.

Try testing it with the method described in my last post.

The only shrill sound I hear is from wings, but then again I turn my sound settings on in game effects down anyways. And since I usually will have wings being used one after the other in chain concerto so I can just keep piling on the DPS, the thing the bads say we can't do, I honestly can say that it isn't that shrill to me.

2 hours ago, OniOfTheSword said:

The thing that bugs me is their skill effects even with Ctrl+F :|

Please stop freezing your tank's semi-potato-PC! >.<

Somebody bring me my drink! Before I get angry!

Uhhh, no I am not cutting my DPS because you think playing on your ancient 486 is acceptable :P

2 hours ago, HeyMe said:

Unless the chains repeat a few times, I think the icy "shing" sound I have no problems with is the sound you apparently do have a problem with.

First I hear the SFX the chains make, when they appear. After that it will deal AoE dmg for 5 sec. (5 hits), which produces the high pitched sound effect.

Not sure, if we're talking about the same SFX :D

I found this video: https://youtu.be/redYODg49e8?t=90.

You can hear 3 of 5 "beeps" pretty clearly at 1:31, 1:32 & 1:33 (because there's nothing else going on).

Just now, OkamiTsuchi said:

Well don't get why you expect us to cut our DPS when it's your system that is the problem :p

I only said that in jest lol. I don't ask anyone to cut their dps(maybe I'll ask people to not taunt with their pets while I'm tanking).

BMs are a challenge to play as is. Stuttering? FPS drops? Lag? Bring it on! Just more challenge! Holding aggro through all of that feels sooooo sooooooo awesome.

4 minutes ago, OniOfTheSword said:

I only said that in jest lol. I don't ask anyone to cut their dps(maybe I'll ask people to not taunt with their pets while I'm tanking).

BMs are a challenge to play as is. Stuttering? FPS drops? Lag? Bring it on! Just more challenge! Holding aggro through all of that feels sooooo sooooooo awesome.

Call me skeptical on challenge to play :p

Taunting isn't an issue either, since very rarely actually need a BM to do these dungeons, and even the ones that it is preferable is still a not really. I just find it hilarious, quite regularly, the number of posts proclaiming the warlock so devastatingly inferior in this game.

19 minutes ago, OkamiTsuchi said:

Taunting isn't an issue either, since very rarely actually need a BM to do these dungeons, and even the ones that it is preferable is still a not really. I just find it hilarious, quite regularly, the number of posts proclaiming the warlock so devastatingly inferior in this game.

Mostly don't need a tank, but having one can make a run smoother. Especially Naryu/4p runs, since the tank can take frontal damage and mitigate it, allowing for free dps from the other classes. The taunt screws this up sometimes, since BMs benefit a lot from proc'ing skills off of block (cyclone, for huge chi regen and threat generation).

As for Warlock, I personally have no opinions on them, since I don't know the class. But I love the soulburn buff :p

@OP, apologies for the derail. Hope you find a fix/solution for the SFX issue.

Archived