Managed to fix FPS stutter/freeze/spike

Geoffuri

Okay, first and foremost. There's a difference between an FPS drop and FPS Stutter. It's the type that makes you freeze right after you login in-game and commits about 0.5 to 1second stutters occasionally while playing. While we should know what FPS drops are since it's the majority's problem right now.

This solution consists of several troubleshoots which may fix your fps stutters. (I'd rather have fps drop to 10-15 than fps stutters)

I have you know that before, I've had these FPS stutters on an AMD graphics card so it should never be a reason that it's low-end or Nvidia works differently than AMD. You might find the solution you've been looking for.

And so, before I was utilizing this specs which some that I have changed to free me from FPS stutters:

Windows 7 Ultimate 32-bit

Core 2 Quad Q8200

2gb RAM

AMD Radeon R7 250, 2GB RAM DDR3

Microsoft Security Essentials Anti Virus

Game Folder at Partition Drive (D:\)

In-game settings:

Video graphics = All 1

3D Monitor Support Turned on

FPS Stutters were gone:

Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit

Core 2 Quad Q8200

4gb RAM

AMD Radeon R7 250, 2GB RAM DDR3

McAfee Virus Scan Enterprise

Game folder moved to (C:\) Main drive

In-games settings:

Video Graphics = Optimized on Combat (All 3 except unadjustable ticks) *I can go higher as 4 on Apply to all but my video card is low-end

3D Monitor Support Turned off

These are some changes that I made on my PC that to my surprise, removed the annoying FPS stutters.

We can therefore conclude that:

• That we cannot say that the game is exclusively optimized for low-end PCs
  • Increasing RAM that concurs to your processor and video card should help hold the game intact
  • Using a 64-bit OS may add to overall performance(Unfortunately, I have tried 4GB RAM on a 32-bit but it doesn't utilize the full RAM thus getting stutters)
  • Having the right and optimized Security program for your PC may also help since it can have a conflict with GameGuard

*Note that these changes are what I think made the stutters disappear. However, FPS drop occur on my end only when there are too many people and it's still playable. 

You can continue to troubleshoot some settings on your pc which may have a conflict with Blade and Soul NA.

Hey I have 16g RAM and GTX750m video card. I don't think my FPS Stutter is cuz of RAM. Can you try removing ur 2gb RAM and see if you still have the stutter. Also is this the stutter that we are all experiencing, as in its rhythmic (every 5 secs) or is the stutter random for you?

Yes, that's the stutter I am talking about (like every 5secs and regardless of video settings in-game). And no, it's not your RAM that is causing the issue. In fact, it's more than what the pc needs.

I hope you have your BNS on System Drive/Main Drive and a light pc security app

I started having stuttering after the last patch. I turned off my Anti-Virus program and stuttering stopped. Now seeing I did NOT have this problem BEFORE that stupid Gameguard was put on I can only assume it is GameGuard not working with my Anti-Virus program. (trend Micro)...

I can't even start the launcher anymore unless my AV is turned off guess it is time to find another game.

9 minutes ago, OneYouHate said:

MSE and Panda both work well with this and most games on a full AMD system CPU-GPU. These are about the only two i have found that DO NOT attempt to scan every graphical related file a game tries to open. 

The thing is that I don't have a full AMD system so I could not confirm.

52 minutes ago, Greeny191 said:

I started having stuttering after the last patch. I turned off my Anti-Virus program and stuttering stopped. Now seeing I did NOT have this problem BEFORE that stupid Gameguard was put on I can only assume it is GameGuard not working with my Anti-Virus program. (trend Micro)...

I can't even start the launcher anymore unless my AV is turned off guess it is time to find another game.

Absolutely, gameguard might be a culprit and the Antivirus as well. We won't know for sure but for now McAfee's good for me and it's also free like MSE. It's working with gameguard, that's for sure.

I have an AMD A10 with Radeon graphics - if your on Intel only some of this may help

I have no stuttering after doing the following and have an increases fps also

Here's what I did, some things you may not need to do (do at your own laptops risk)

Firstly two things to do straight away

Primary thing to do which will probably fix a lot if the peoples problems, run Disk Optimisation

using Norton or advanced system care/similar program, you'll surprised how many BNS files

get tagged

In graphics setting put crossfire mode to AMD predefined profile you should see BNS one

called Client.exe if not choose one that's DX9/10 type 

Others things I did which worked

1. Entered bios turned off secure start

2. Uninstalled all  Microsoft visual c++ redistributable 2005 - note only 2005, the game actually installs this old version for some reason

3. Download AMD Overdrive - disable TurboCore by going into clock/voltage and clicking on turbo core control.

in the same window increase the GPU clock using the slider but don't max it or it may cause issues

4. In power options on laptop - find maximum power state and make plugged in 97 - 98%

5. Now restart computer

6. Start game once it loads - go to task manager - find BNS and right click to choose Go to details

Right click on the client.exe and set priority to high

There are other ways depending on your system and comp specs but bare in mind this game is 5+ years old

so treat your settings  with that in mind

Hope this helps

Archived