Warlock vs FM in PvE

Smoq

My warlock is level 40 now. And my FM is maxed. FM to me, was more fun. But to answer your question, I think the warlock has higher dps. It all depends on your skill level though (managing your cool downs/ reseting cds/ thrall stuff). The FM's "rate of fire" is crazy and all you have to do is  smash your face on the keyboard. 

Warlock = great utility (those thrall buffs) and higher dps if played semi well.

FM = lower dps if played to the same level as the warlock. Higher rate of fire. Good mobility and utility. Awesome for any level of skill. 

Burn build FM still nets higher dps than Warlock, especially with all the balance changes. Warlock brings a lot of amazing utility and Soulburn (I hate this localization so much).

So ideally just bring both to a 6 / 4 man party.  WL for offensive buffs, FM for ranged deflect / party wide i-frame.

I have both, wl at hm1 and fm at hm5.

I can assure you that fm have much higher dps thanks to their fire rate and burn build bonus damage.

Warlock have high damage burst skill, but even if you cast and reset your dragon call 3-4 times in a row, your dps will still be nowhere near fm.

Wl is more of a support dps, their greatest asset is their insanely powerful party buff.

Archived