Really low FPS, high end system

Crevox

This is really starting to impact my enjoyment of the game.

I have a good enough computer:
CPU: i7 4790k
GPU: GTX 970 x2
RAM: 32GB 1600
HDD: SSD

...and this game runs so badly on my machine. In town I get between 15-25 FPS. In the field I get 30ish. In fights it drops lower than 15.
I've tried turning on and off SLI, I've tried tweaking the graphics settings; nothing helps. I get maybe +5 FPS if I turn on "Optimize for combat", but then the game looks awful. It uses less than 50% of my single GPU and I get an awful frame rate. I've tried searching around with Google, but all I get are a bunch of forum threads of people on really bad computers struggling with FPS, or people with laptops and it's "go fix optimus."

In PVP I mostly maintain above 60, even up to 120, and the gameplay is great. I actually hit diamond in PVP, that's not a problem. However, any time I do PVE, it's so laggy and makes me not want to play. My friends with far worse computers run the game much better.

Is there something I'm missing here? Please help me, I'm really out of ideas.

Try a free "trusted" programme called evga precision x 16... I have gtx 580 direcuii, i5 2500k sandy bridge. 16 gb corsair vengeance ram and Kingston SDD with Asus maximus iv extreme z rog MB. I get 60 - 100 fps standardly but only 15-20 on black wyrm :s using evga.

your right, an overclock would not do you any good, the game does not really use your gpu much anyway.

nvidia inspector. find the blade and soul profile. add the client.exe to it. 

and ncsoft come on, im tired of responding 50 times a week to the same question to help your customers....

sticky these fixes. its the least you can do for your playerbase. 

3 hours ago, Crevox said:

I've tried putting client.exe in my inspector for that profile, it didn't  help.

http://imgur.com/a/sXGts

try absolute path it should read the games entire path in that top box. delete client and add it with absolute path selected

also http://www.ntcore.com/4gb_patch.php helps a ton with performance if you have not already patched the client. 

there are so many profiles with client.exe in them its hard to tell if its actually using that one without specifying which client.exe.

I know this is going to be insulting if you know even a little bit about computers, but I feel like a lot of people just forget basics. Are you sure it's running off your 970? I remember you can change it in the Nvidia Control Panel.

Also, try removing the secondary 970 and see if that helps. SLI can be pretty unpredictable, even when turned off in the software

Sorry but your current PC set-up is really outdated.  You will need to buy

Intel Xeon E5-2698 v3 CPU = 3,117$

Quad 980 ti 4-Way SLI = 2,900$

Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB DDR4-2400 Memory= 85$

ASRock x99 LGA2011 MOBO= 650$

Corsair H80i Liquid CPU Cooler= 200$

Silverstone 80+ 1350w PSU= 305$

Total Price not including other stuff like case, optic, OS, monitor, mouse,keyboard, sound card, storage, ETC= 7,257$

After you get that you will then be able to play game on medium settings with a steady 40 fps.  Goodluck!

3 minutes ago, Soullessx said:

Sorry but your current PC set-up is really outdated.  You will need to buy

Intel Xeon E5-2698 v3 CPU = 3,117$

Quad 980 ti 4-Way SLI = 2,900$

Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB DDR4-2400 Memory= 85$

ASRock x99 LGA2011 MOBO= 650$

Corsair H80i Liquid CPU Cooler= 200$

Silverstone 80+ 1350w PSU= 305$

Total Price not including other stuff like case, optic, OS, monitor, mouse,keyboard, sound card, storage, ETC= 7,257$

After you get that you will then be able to play game on medium settings with a steady 40 fps.  Goodluck!

Ur funny.

8 hours ago, Vau said:

your right, an overclock would not do you any good, the game does not really use your gpu much anyway.

nvidia inspector. find the blade and soul profile. add the client.exe to it. 

and ncsoft come on, im tired of responding 50 times a week to the same question to help your customers....

sticky these fixes. its the least you can do for your playerbase. 

Does this really work? Never tried it, but I am quite sick of all the spontaneous stutter & lag from this game where I should NOT be receiving it whatsoever, especially in such deserted areas like deserts or small towns. I can fathom congested areas or BW, but the others are simply not justified.

Could you tell me if you or any others have tried this? Thank you in advance!

7 hours ago, dausu said:

Does this really work? Never tried it, but I am quite sick of all the spontaneous stutter & lag from this game where I should NOT be receiving it whatsoever, especially in such deserted areas like deserts or small towns. I can fathom congested areas or BW, but the others are simply not justified.

Could you tell me if you or any others have tried this? Thank you in advance!

it smooths out the fps for nvidia user, people i have told to use this fix have reported doubling there fps in areas with low populations.

another huge performance problem for this game is its memory management/ swapfile usage. you can slap a bandaid on that with http://www.ntcore.com/4gb_patch.php. this fix should help with the stuttering.

52 minutes ago, Vau said:

it smooths out the fps for nvidia user, people i have told to use this fix have reported doubling there fps in areas with low populations.

another huge performance problem for this game is its memory management/ swapfile usage. you can slap a bandaid on that with http://www.ntcore.com/4gb_patch.php. this fix should help with the stuttering.

Hmm.. getting an error when trying to use the Nvidia Inspector.. any thoughts on this? 

Told me it was already assigned by the following profiles.. in which case were a handful of Chinese peoples' names??

3 hours ago, dausu said:

Hmm.. getting an error when trying to use the Nvidia Inspector.. any thoughts on this? 

Told me it was already assigned by the following profiles.. in which case were a handful of Chinese peoples' names??

you have to select use absolute path when adding the profile. client.exe is a common name so it also ensures that the right profile is used. 

it should show the entire path of the client under the dropdown box when you do it right.

22 hours ago, Vau said:

try absolute path it should read the games entire path in that top box. delete client and add it with absolute path selected

also http://www.ntcore.com/4gb_patch.php helps a ton with performance if you have not already patched the client. 

there are so many profiles with client.exe in them its hard to tell if its actually using that one without specifying which client.exe.

Sadly, it seems like neither of these helped. :(

Nothing helps, I tried everything aswel.

The support keeps searching for the problem on my end, asking me to disable services etc.

These laggs you are facing, weren't there before the february patch. What ever they did back then ruined the game for alot of people. They didn't do anything to fix it tho, they could have just rolled back w/e they did.

They aren't even talking about it, like performance issues aren't something they are aware off, it's really sad and puts me off too. I want to participate in Blackwyrm fights and with screen frezes of 20seconds you can't play at all.

the korean client does run much better than ours. i did say don't expect a miracle. the sad part is other mmos on this engine are not nearly as bad as this game when it comes to performance. and the engine is well known so if we were allowed access to the ini files some random guy would probably fix there mess within a week :/

my biggest concern is are we gonna have to wait until our servers are patched up to when korea's servers got optimized to have a playable game experience.

are the developers to dense to figure out exactly what they did to fix it and expedite at least just the optimization to our client?  

ive wasted so much time trying to make this game run ok and have done so much research and the best results i can get are disappointing at best, but far more playable than what is was before i started.

some of my friends have gone back to there old games because they simply cant stand it. the game is not that good when you consider just how unplayable and annoying all its problems are. 

i like the game and this month i took my gaming money and spent it on Warframe. it just simply feels good playing a game that runs great with everything maxxed out, and that game is good and i dont mind spending some money for some extra space in my inventory and some convenience

when i look at BnS i think why should i spend money on this. then i open my mailbox and see that little extortion notice on that feature and laugh. maybe when i SS farming toon to 45. mabye when i feel the game feels good enough to lvl another character to 45. 

Archived