asas vs blade dancer

YUVABOZAN

6 hours ago, YUVABOZAN said:

is that fair? or can anyone show me a wideo an asas beating a blade cancer at 1700 rank or higher cuz i cant escape ._. teach me senpai

Depends on how good the BD is. I'm currently rendering a Blade Dancer clip from my stream today where I beat a BD. It was in 1700's. I got 2 BD's in a row. First one beat me hard, the second I beat. Apologize in advance for the overlay. Will attach video when it's rendered and uploaded.

EDIT: Here's the video for you.

It's a latency battle.
If the BD has better latency, he'll knock you out of every stealth the second you come near him (on your screen) by just mashing Tab.
If the Assassin has better latency, you can bait out Tabs by walking near him, actually do aircombos with dazes BEFORE he F's the hell out and web him reliably afterwards before he F's out from the knockdown. He'll get focus starved eventually, then it's your time to strike.

Unfortunately, if both players have 200+ latency (which is mostly the case on the hopeless European servers), the BD is favored.

The vid above is pretty horrible (i´m sorry random guy on the internet don´t hate me plox)...

You´re using strange combos with that thing that costs a million mana and does not really do much (when you would have plenty other options, you should only use that skill to finish off your opponent if hes at like 5% hp and has tab escape otherwise go for web you WANT him to tab escape anyway and then combo him again, dodge tab escape if you can predict it), you´re not capitalising on your web cc. You´re not ever cancelling your stealth for instant tab swap (yes cancelling stealth is actually good in this matchup way more often then you would think, either with tab or with your flower for double purpose). I could go on, but i didn´t watch the entire video. Anyway bottom line is watch actual diamond sins play the game.

I really liked Yuketsus build against BD. He plays with lots of stuns. C speced for stun and 3 speced for left path (dmg + poison). You don´t necessarily need the hongmoon glyph for it. I played without it for a long time. I´m not always using freeze trap though, but i see why he uses it it´s another good way to open up combos somewhat relyable.

The matchup is not terrible though. You have a very fair chance against blade dancers, i think. They only have 1 way to get out of stuns and your tab swap is op against them with it´s 18 sek cd. However they have plenty of immunities, witch can make them really annoying to fight.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1FQPf1drgC-aacGBitT6QAFqAQpPZo_b6sQQEd1iugj0/edit

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC29jaEi-3Fgi-J7fTJzVKPw

Just now, N3ro said:

The vid above is pretty horrible (i´m sorry random guy on the internet don´t hate me plox)...

You´re using strange combos with that thing that costs a million mana and does not really do much, you´re not using your web. You´re not ever cancelling your stealth for instant tab swap (yes cancelling stealth is actually good in this matchup way more often then you would think, either with tab or with your flower for double purpose). I could go on, but i didn´t watch the entire video. Anyway bottom line is watch actual diamond sins play the game.

I really liked Yuketsus build against BD. He plays with lots of stuns. C speced for stun and 3 speced for left path (dmg + poison). You don´t necessarily need the hongmoon glyph for it. I played without it for a long time. I´m not always using freeze trap though, but i see why he uses it it´s another good way to open up combos somewhat relyable.

The matchup is not terrible though. You have a very fair chance against blade dancers, i think. They only have 1 way to get out of stuns and your tab swap is op against them with it´s 18 sek cd. However they have plenty of immunities, witch can make them really annoying to fight.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1FQPf1drgC-aacGBitT6QAFqAQpPZo_b6sQQEd1iugj0/edit

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC29jaEi-3Fgi-J7fTJzVKPw

Honestly, I know fair well I'm not using most of what I should, and that's the point of my streams. To consistently learn, practice, and fight for rating. Thank you though for being so kind as to give me some tips. I really appreciate it, so thank you.

The reason i like Yuketsus stun build is because it´s very VERY inconvenient to daze chain BDs as every time you f*ck up a f backroll chase or what so ever you get deflected and rekt. The stun build makes it so that you can still dish out very decent damages in 1 combo. You can even 100-0 them without a single daze, if you do it correctly. You can also see that in one of Yuketsus vids on youtube i believe. Though i´m not sure yet if it´s really that much better than a more utility focused build with less combo potential, but more openers and survival. But so far it has worked really good for me to play with a stun focused build.

Just now, N3ro said:

The reason i like Yuketsus stun build is because it´s very VERY inconvenient to daze chain BDs as every time you f*ck up a f backroll chase or what so ever you get deflected and rekt. The stun build makes it so that you can still dish out very decent damages in 1 combo. You can even 100-0 them without a single daze, if you do it correctly. You can also see that in one of Yuketsus vids on youtube i believe. Though i´m not sure yet if it´s really that much better than a more utility focused build with less combo potential, but more openers and survival. But so far it has worked really good for me to play with a stun focused build.

If you don't mind me asking, what rating are you? It's easier to know whether or not something is working well if you're not in a lower rating where everything has the potential to work (look at me, minimalistic play sitting at 1760ish).

I mean, I'll be checking out Yuketsu a little more, but to be honest, I've been following Virus for most of the time I've been playing.

Currently 1980 or so was the highest rating i´ve got too. Atm i´m 196x i believe. Mostly sitting somewhere at 1850 - 1950. I´ve already met a bunch of guys witch made me question a lot of my plays. Last weekend i´m pretty sure i´ve done well over 100 games and out of all those only like 2 of them would come to my mind where i actually think i was playing well myself.

There are many things i don´t know and one big thing is the kfm vs sin matchup. While i do think it´s completely in the assassins favour i very often get completely taken apart by the kfms i meet now. When the game was released kfms didn´t seem like they where a thread, they where all pretty easy to beat. It´s mostly just not knowing how kfm works at all. I just recently discovered about kfms agility buff that gives them 6 sek immunity if they stack 3... oh how often i´ve wasted my tabs into that! lol

Just now, N3ro said:

Currently 1980 or so was the highest rating i´ve got too. Atm i´m 196x i believe. Mostly sitting somewhere at 1850 - 1950. I´ve already met a bunch of guys witch made me question a lot of my plays. Last weekend i´m pretty sure i´ve done well over 100 games and out of all those only like 2 of them would come to my mind where i actually think i was playing well myself.

There are many things i don´t know and one big thing is the kfm vs sin matchup. While i do think it´s completely in the assassins favour i very often get completely taken apart by the kfms i meet now. When the game was released kfms didn´t seem like they where a thread, they where all pretty easy to beat. It´s mostly just not knowing how kfm works at all. I just recently discovered about kfms agility buff that gives them 6 sek immunity if they stack 3... oh how often i´ve wasted my tabs into that! lol

Ah, cool. Glad I get to discuss this with someone in a higher rating. :)

Yeah KFM is a weird matchup since the patch, and I really don't understand how they went from sub-par vs sin to absolute wreckage. They got a lot of buffs that were really detrimental to their kit, so they can use them really well to their advantage. MY issue is Summoner. I cannot for the life of me play against Summoner, but Blade Dancers are doable now.

I don´t even think it´s entierly duo to the buffs. I believe they just learned how to play the game and i´ve also went up in rating so i actually meet players who are much more persistent with their gameplan. Witch is like step 1: make em use their escapes step 2: stun them and they are dead. Now you might think that´s redicolously op, but if you´re playing good enough they are going to be equally scared of your combos. So now obviously having 2 escapes (flower + tab) is like a godsent, but i tend to tread my flower as if it was worth less than my tab escape, witch you know it kinda is because of it´s limited availability, but other than that it´s the same thing, so i should also make him waste skills with it, but i´m not even sure yet when i´m best to escape their stuns just got to play one myself or get some kfm to explain things to me.

About summoner... well yeah. The matchup is not impossible. BUT it´s one of the most annoying matchups to play out. I´m playing as pretty much every sin with rb+f spam and i just win with the timer. The problem is. If you get grabbed once you loose, often times even if you manage to survive the round, but you should win if you get grabbed once, unless he manages to dodge the damage by pulling his cat away and with his counter.

If he does his flower on you then you should instantly ss > turn around and lightning stride away from him. It´s not even so much about running away from him. You run away, because if there is enough distance between you and the summoner the flower will disappear and then you do not take damage and you can regain stealth. I´ve seen people playing with the shadow shuriken daze to do some combos when like the cat is sleeping and such. I personally don´t like that i use the shadow shurike to get a poison stack get behind and then i mash tab for the restealth... Though i might try that glyph as well and some other things, because hm levels gave us plenty of points. One thing that you need to watch out for too is when the summoner screams something he pulls his cat to him and that you have to dodge with q, or else you loose your stealth (forgot what it was, but i mean i notice when i´m ingame, you can´t really overhear it really).

So my matches usually take 3 minutes per round and once i misplay something badly or my tab skill bugs when he grabs me (or it´s actually legitimately on cooldown) and i can´t escape, i often times lost the round already. The matchup is not very fun, especially not if you play this way. So better tryhard or else it will take 9minutes... <.<. My initial approach to this matchup was to sleep the cat with my 1 skill in stealth and then combo the summoner. Well... that didn´t really work too well for me.

14 hours ago, N3ro said:

I just recently discovered about kfms agility buff that gives them 6 sek immunity if they stack 3... oh how often i´ve wasted my tabs into that! lol

That was just outright false information. Just want to correct it. It does not really give them any immunity what so ever.

I still seem to hit into immunities unnecessarily too often. Need to fix that. And their "immunities" are pretty much just q, e and ss then i guess.

@Roxysox ty so much for your work but im not actually looking for this. i wanna see some counter for bd skillz. i mean u can counter dest  fm bm even summoners but u cant counter blade dancers skills with 2 or q . they re just using one skill and hitting 3 4 time (like us c skill) and when u use 2 it doesnt matter for them and their skill also launches target into air can anyone counter those skills thats ridiculous :/

Just now, YUVABOZAN said:

@Roxysox ty so much for your work but im not actually looking for this. i wanna see some counter for bd skillz. i mean u can counter dest  fm bm even summoners but u cant counter blade dancers skills with 2 or q . they re just using one skill and hitting 3 4 time (like us c skill) and when u use 2 it doesnt matter for them and their skill also launches target into air can anyone counter those skills thats ridiculous :/

If you're looking for countering their skills, you're playing the wrong game my friend. A lot of what Assassin does outside of our basic combos and advanced combos is staying away from anything that could potentially kill us, hence why you will see many either stunlock, daze lock, etc anything like BD, Des, KFM or they will play the coward game and just run away all match.

Archived