how can a kfm beat a fm? i dont get it

Dalapie

block vs them is useless, and i cannot get near them because they DISABLE all my charges, my RMB; my Flying slam, my everything, so how am i able to get a hit on them without loosing 40% og my hp before i can actually do anything? Q-E doesnt work from a distance so not working, SS back in them results in nothing other than them back stepping away from me

Here are the key factors for your build (https://bnstree.com/KF?build=4501002112232553203032115110094320511005321111110632108440554260932053420601120031):

• Spec Elbow Counter (1). It doesn't count as a "defensive skill" so they can't cancel it, it hits harder, and it still triggers avenging fist. You'll have to get used to the timing and learn not to SPAM IT since it costs focus, but it's 100% better once you get used to it.
  • Spec Avenging Fist (RB) F2T3. You can use it after Elbow Counter and it frees you from charge disables plus offers iframes during your travel time. 
  • Spec Flurry (C) F2T4 - the iframes will proc your Firestorm Kick and can help to avoid a lot of damage.
  • Spec Firestorm Kick (RB) F3T2. It has 8m range and flurry+backstep will proc it in addition to Q/E... This is amazing against FMs, despite having a longer cooldown. 
  • Spec Ice Guard (Tab) F3T4. The 3rd point is so that it breaks roots - this is your get out of jail free card if you get rooted while they are behind you and SS is on cooldown.
  • Spec 1 point in Swift Strike (2) - FM does not have a ground counter and you'll be using SS->LMB a lot to knock them down - 2r their face while knocked down. 
  • If you are HM2 or higher, you can spec Flying Slam (Tab) for the knockup, and Elbow Counter to reduce the cooldown on Comet Strike, but these aren't essential. The speed buff and short cooldown on the non launch version of flying slam can be pretty useful in conjunction with Avenging Fist to keep you close. 

As for strategy:

• 1 stack freeze slows your movement, 2 stacks seals your charge moves, and 3 stacks immobilizes you. You can counter->Avenging fist to close the gap when your charging moves are sealed, and SS or ice guard when you are immobilized. Keep in mind ice guard should be your trump card for when you get in trouble with SS down. You can see how much freeze is on you via your debuff bar.
  • Don't focus on trying to combo them down in 1 big 3rf. They have too many escapes for that. Your strategy is to chip their health down faster than they can chip yours - using your knockdowns and air combos to wear them down. Of course go for a big combo if they blow everything right away. SS->F, SS->LMB, 4 (Comet Strike), 3 (Leg Sweep), and RB (Firestorm Kick) are going to be your best friends. Every time you knock them down, give them some 2R and try to finish the knockdown with a stun or daze.
  • Always flip your camera 180 and SS towards them, it's a great gap closer and makes your range to close with Smite or Tiger's Pounce much longer.
  • Look out for the ice orb over their head, hitting them will freeze you during this period. 

2 hours ago, Kutsuu said:

Here are the key factors for your build (https://bnstree.com/KF?build=4501002112232553203032115110094320511005321111110632108440554260932053420601120031):

• Spec Elbow Counter (1). It doesn't count as a "defensive skill" so they can't cancel it, it hits harder, and it still triggers avenging fist. You'll have to get used to the timing and learn not to SPAM IT since it costs focus, but it's 100% better once you get used to it.
  • Spec Avenging Fist (RB) F2T3. You can use it after Elbow Counter and it frees you from charge disables plus offers iframes during your travel time. 
  • Spec Flurry (C) F2T4 - the iframes will proc your Firestorm Kick and can help to avoid a lot of damage.
  • Spec Firestorm Kick (RB) F3T2. It has 8m range and flurry+backstep will proc it in addition to Q/E... This is amazing against FMs, despite having a longer cooldown. 
  • Spec Ice Guard (Tab) F3T4. The 3rd point is so that it breaks roots - this is your get out of jail free card if you get rooted while they are behind you and SS is on cooldown.
  • Spec 1 point in Swift Strike (2) - FM does not have a ground counter and you'll be using SS->LMB a lot to knock them down - 2r their face while knocked down. 
  • If you are HM2 or higher, you can spec Flying Slam (Tab) for the knockup, and Elbow Counter to reduce the cooldown on Comet Strike, but these aren't essential. The speed buff and short cooldown on the non launch version of flying slam can be pretty useful in conjunction with Avenging Fist to keep you close. 

As for strategy:

• 1 stack freeze slows your movement, 2 stacks seals your charge moves, and 3 stacks immobilizes you. You can counter->Avenging fist to close the gap when your charging moves are sealed, and SS or ice guard when you are immobilized. Keep in mind ice guard should be your trump card for when you get in trouble with SS down. You can see how much freeze is on you via your debuff bar.
  • Don't focus on trying to combo them down in 1 big 3rf. They have too many escapes for that. Your strategy is to chip their health down faster than they can chip yours - using your knockdowns and air combos to wear them down. Of course go for a big combo if they blow everything right away. SS->F, SS->LMB, 4 (Comet Strike), 3 (Leg Sweep), and RB (Firestorm Kick) are going to be your best friends. Every time you knock them down, give them some 2R and try to finish the knockdown with a stun or daze.
  • Always flip your camera 180 and SS towards them, it's a great gap closer and makes your range to close with Smite or Tiger's Pounce much longer.
  • Look out for the ice orb over their head, hitting them will freeze you during this period. 

thank you for taking your time to write this, i will try this out :)

8 hours ago, Dalapie said:

block vs them is useless, and i cannot get near them because they DISABLE all my charges, my RMB; my Flying slam, my everything, so how am i able to get a hit on them without loosing 40% og my hp before i can actually do anything? Q-E doesnt work from a distance so not working, SS back in them results in nothing other than them back stepping away from me

3 steps

1: go to youtube

2: search for kfm arena or shiro

3: watch the video as he 100-0s most people from one cc and learn from it

In video there are also FM's too 

Archived