How to beat Assasins

Lexter

I'm a noob assassin and i have so much trouble against BD. The usual combo that they use is 

Phantom Grip> Place sword (dunno the name) > then add more and more swords and then do a couple of skills... result: about 70% of my hp gone if i have no escapes.

Most Assassins will lead with stealth. If you're confident, you can spin to deflect their dagger. Next thing that's coming is the stun/flash. Immunity prevents the flash/debuff, but at least spin because it will stun if you just take it straight. The attack has a 1-minute cooldown, so you won't see this one much, but it's a really nasty thing if you aren't careful. They'll probably be using immune charge next if that fails (Lotus Fury, 4 hits ending with backflip), which you can do anything but eat or attack into, then counter for stealth -- punish the counter with Blitzblade if you have an opportunity to get onto him. Don't waste your cooldown otherwise, he can use Decoy every 8 seconds (12 seconds if it dazes you, but I almost never see that). Note that Lotus Fury can be specced for 1 second immunity after it ends, so be aware that you might not even be able to interrupt this routine at all.

Always spec daze counter -- if you can, put them on their heels if you have to use your break, if nothing else than to just buy time. Always try to avoid getting pegged by dagger -- it can only be used in stealth and can be deflected with good reflexes. That ability procs an unavoidable stun from unlimited range, so if you get hit twice in a row and lose your tab, that's pretty much game. Note that despite being called a daze in the description, you cannot f-roll it. Keeping the assassin at arm's length can help if you need to be able to spin deflect it. Remember that you cannot deflect Sneak Attack or any of the poison attacks except the dagger or shuriken. Lotus of Escape, can be used while stunned or dazed to get a free stun/daze break and iframes plus a good range movement, so try not to let them plant one far away from you or it's a free tab and easy damage boost.

Stealth is self-sustaining. The best way to get more stealth is to use attacks from stealth -- poison, rear charges, etc. Break that house of cards and you have your opportunity to deal some damage. You can't rely on just smacking them out of stealth; even if you get in range and take a swing and somehow penetrate the innate protection lag offers, there's only a 50/50 chance you don't get RNG evaded and thwacked with a dagger and 50m stun in response.

Archived