"Blade and Souls has stopped working" crash.

Sovietoad

My game has been experiencing a very annoying and frequent "Blade and Souls has stopped working" crash for the last few weeks or so. I have not been able to pin point a specific trigger but at a certain point during play, either in a few minutes or several hours even, my game will stutter for a brief moment and right before it recovers everything will freeze and it will give me the "Blade and Souls has stopped working" message. This has been incredibly frustrating as it often crashes and really inopportune times. I am running on Windows 10 and my hardware well within the range to play the game with good performance.

What I have noticed is ever since the January 27th patch the game has become increasingly unplayable due to various crashes of sorts. While the crashing that gave a prompt for error reports seems to have been solved, this new set of crashing continues to plague me. I haven't seen very many others complaning about this issue and I feel like I am the only one having to deal with this. NCSOFT support has actually been incredibly unhelpful on this matter and repeated tickets have only given me the same copy pasted responses. Anyone else experiencing this issue or have a potential solution? I have tried pretty much most fixes and I've even attempted to run the game in compatibility mode as a test. Someone please help.

4049 error today after patch,  i love how this game works until the patch and then i get a GAMEGUARD error 4049, i follow the guidelines how to fix it and after no luck, reinstall the game....guess what? It did not work.....

NCSOFT do us all a huge favor and get rid of GAMEGUARD

Just now, Keigami said:

I just started experiencing the very same thing today...

Does it occur in similar circumstances? It seems to happen randomly and different intervals. Sometimes I can play for hours and nothing happens. Other times I crash in an intense fight but then I also crash idling in town. This is why this crashing is annoying. Unlike other crashes which give me a prompt to post an error report or even an error number, this one only gives me "Blade and Souls has stopped working" which is a windows prompt.

same problem...since last days...when i try to enter to certain quest(it main quest line) trying to talk to doujun in a house...when i enter i get the crash...cant play like this

6 hours ago, Sovietoad said:

My game has been experiencing a very annoying and frequent "Blade and Souls has stopped working" crash for the last few weeks or so. I have not been able to pin point a specific trigger but at a certain point during play, either in a few minutes or several hours even, my game will stutter for a brief moment and right before it recovers everything will freeze and it will give me the "Blade and Souls has stopped working" message. This has been incredibly frustrating as it often crashes and really inopportune times. I am running on Windows 10 and my hardware well within the range to play the game with good performance.

What I have noticed is ever since the January 27th patch the game has become increasingly unplayable due to various crashes of sorts. While the crashing that gave a prompt for error reports seems to have been solved, this new set of crashing continues to plague me. I haven't seen very many others complaning about this issue and I feel like I am the only one having to deal with this. NCSOFT support has actually been incredibly unhelpful on this matter and repeated tickets have only given me the same copy pasted responses. Anyone else experiencing this issue or have a potential solution? I have tried pretty much most fixes and I've even attempted to run the game in compatibility mode as a test. Someone please help.

I'm really at a loss. I can't figure out what is wrong and it seems like only a handful of others are experiencing similar issues. NCSOFT support has been pretty unhelpful and roundabout in their 'help'. All I want to do is just play the game without having to worry that I'll crash during something important like a boss kill or looting a rare item. Mushin's tower is impossible for me because I crash during an encounter and that resets the entire tower. I just want to play the game without worry already. Nothing since January 27th has been stable and every subsequent patch seems to be bringing more trouble than fixing anything. 

Well I just got a crash while looking through the world map. I can't pinpoint what is causing the crashes. It's almost as if the game tries to load something and what ever its loading seems to screw everything up in the process. I really can't take this. It's making it near impossible to accomplish anything since logging back in takes ages due to the game thinking im still logged in. Anyone have any suggestions or help?

I can't be the only one with this problem. It's still happening after pretty much everything I can possibly do besides a total computer reformat. I've noticed that the trigger to the stopped working crash tends to be a stutter that the game never recovers from. I really need help and no one seems to have this issue or any help.

I've been having this issue since the last update :/ The game randomly freezes for 1min, then it either continues working fine or crashes. I just updated Nvidia, hopefully it will work now.

Edit: Yep, crashed again.

I am getting crashes while alt tabbing while in fullscreen mode (borderless windowed or true full screen ). Few attempts might go through but it will 100% eventually crash. I have Nvidia 980 Ti , Windows 10, latest drivers.

I found workarround  by setting following in config file:

<option name='windowed' value='0'/>
<option name='full-windowed' value='1'/>
<option name='full-screen' value='0'/>

However it is overwritten after every hit on apply changes in game by either option name='windowed' value='1'

or <option name='full-screen' value='1'/> and I have to set it again. However it solved my crashes. while switching to other window.

NCSoft should  really step up. Modifying registry (launcher not being able to set default download directory  , config to avoid crashes (without error code or any identification of problem) ,  using 3rd party software (nvidia inspector)... just to get basic functions or acceptable experience is nothing what we should experience in 2016.

=

1 hour ago, Lalu said:

I've been having this issue since the last update :/ The game randomly freezes for 1min, then it either continues working fine or crashes. I just updated Nvidia, hopefully it will work now.

Edit: Yep, crashed again.

1 hour ago, RoXor said:

I am getting crashes while alt tabbing while in fullscreen mode (borderless windowed or true full screen ). Few attempts might go through but it will 100% eventually crash. I have Nvidia 980 Ti , Windows 10, latest drivers.

I found workarround  by setting following in config file:

<option name='windowed' value='0'/>
<option name='full-windowed' value='1'/>
<option name='full-screen' value='0'/>

However it is overwritten after every hit on apply changes in game by either option name='windowed' value='1'

or <option name='full-screen' value='1'/> and I have to set it again. However it solved my crashes. while switching to other window.

NCSoft should  really step up. Modifying registry (launcher not being able to set default download directory  , config to avoid crashes (without error code or any identification of problem) ,  using 3rd party software (nvidia inspector)... just to get basic functions or acceptable experience is nothing what we should experience in 2016.

Do your crashes give a specific error message or the same one as mine? "Blade and Souls has stopped working"?

1 minute ago, Sovietoad said:

=

Do your crashes give a specific error message or the same one as mine? "Blade and Souls has stopped working"?

BnS stopped working, which I consider as not very useful  information.

12 minutes ago, RoXor said:

BnS stopped working, which I consider as not very useful  information.

Hm your's seems to be caused by tabbing through windows? I have the same crash but it doesn't seem to be related to window tabbing. I'll give your config change a shot and see what that does. Might not work but it doesn't hurt to try. My crashes seem to happen sporadically and at different intervals. I have been idle in town and in the middle of a boss fight and crashed. It seems for me that after a certain point my game will hit a stutter that causes the game to lock up for a brief moment. Then after this the game will for a half-second return back to normal but lock up again and finally give me the "blade and souls has stopped working" message. 

• 2 weeks later...

I've been having the same issue since the launch of the game. I even posted a thread about it here, but I haven't had any helpful solutions. Sometimes I can play for hours without any issues, then other times it's really bad. I crashed while fighting Mushin. Had him at 2% and then the game stopped responding and I had to start over. I've also crashed while trying to do Naryu Labyrinth and other dungeons. There have also been times where I've just randomly crashed while standing around in a town, looking at the map, looking on the marketplace. Sometimes when I log back in, I crash before I've even finished loading into the game.

I am getting the same message and error. I even get a "report this error?" message after it crashes. very very annoying when in the middle of a boss fight. Log back in and am either on a different channel or kicked out of dungeon

• 1 month later...

Hey everyone ok so i have just installed the game like 3 days ago...And this same stupid crash keeps happening...So ive done exactly what HELP requested turned off all thrird party programs even some window service stuff...All my drivers ect are up to date...Fans are running nothing is over heating..I own an alienware 17 780M clocked never have any issues with any other game, well one other game but thats very high end game in alpha and already know the issue its game side not my side...Im running windows 10 which to be honest i think is the issue.. Was on windows 8.1 never had an issue and now i have 2 issues with 2 games...It get a few issues, one would be my screen turns white and my computer is just waiting to crash-it is saying game not responding but it just sits there, if i wait long enough the game will start working other times it just crashes..I have had black screen serveral times that makes me restart my computer. My screen will flicker like it has something else running behind the screen but theres nothing there other then the anti hack loader..I have gone threw my computer and basically turned everything off and i still crash and i will some times crash instantly other times it could be up to 3 hours of play and then a crash.. I really really dont know what is causing this..i cant seeing this being players side at fault because its happening to way to many people with different set ups but i do notice alot are using windows 10. PLEASE fix this i just wasted money on this game to buy shit and cant because i crash.....fail

Archived