FM needs help in arena

Evengard

I just can't get it how people are actually doing it. It seems so hard for me...

Yeah I got the basics - you freeze, then you stun with your 1, then you mostly launch into air, then just follow with aerial grip and unleash the full DPS of an FM.

The problem is that performing this is really very hard. For example, the same aerial combo - it's so hard to implement - you need to time like 3 skills at the same time so someone got launched into air... While at the same time most classes just do it on LMB/RMB keypress after one successful CC! Also requires to be melee range, which is deadly for an FM

Also most of classes got theese insane gap closers, for FM it's mostly vital to stay on a distance, but the ennemy just closes the gap, and then just CC, launch into air and repeat. GG.

What the heck am I missing? I just can't get it right. Maybe I just can't smash buttons fastly enough? I get destroyed even at silver rank. Even sometimes by Blade Masters. What's wrong? What am I missing?

Have anyone some general tips?

The combos.. getting all the LMBs and RMBs in there was difficult at first, but it gets better with time. Try to find a good rhythm instead of spamming. As for gap closers, keep a chill stack on the enemy and use Ice V, Ice tab and QE to negate initiations.

Here's a few sources for tips. There are more, just look for them yourself.

Bevv
Hongie

Jaesung's combo guide

MadoShi's stream
Intro's guide videos

I just don't get how people are able to smash all theese buttons so fastly and not messing them up. Yeah I know I sound like a noob - I AM a noob in PvP (PvE is fine though), but still - how is it possible to do THAT MUCH in SO FEW time (like 1-2 seconds of stun/daze), and even more how to even stun if the ennemy always gets out of the freeze and I can do nothing with it, and ofc I don't have enough time to Impact-stun them because they already got away safely from the freeze? I can't be faster than they pressing nearly any dash to remove the freeze (so the Impact won't stun).

Starting with the 3 stun (which have a long cooldown) usually ends him blowing his escape and I'm left with a horribly long cooldown, inability to stack chill/freeze stacks and reapplying the stun, while they start to destroy me.

well fm is ping dependent i play with 400ms in arena since ncsoft don't like to fix it and it's hard to combo so i made my own build to match my ping and it works at last with my 1800 mmr i can't go further though, since i often find very low ping people and it's hard to F or tab, basically what im saying is that you don't need to follow the common build to kill someone, to tell you the truth the air combo don't even do high damage, it's just to annoy and confuse people it's easier to do it if you dragonchar daze>>firestorm>> 4>>1 but i don't like to use it...

I tell you the easy way to defeat some opponents. Spam LMB/RMB together (yes like mad) and spec impact to the last tier for extra freeze dmg. Keep running in circles and just spam that 3 button combo. Doing this literally can get you to gold alone. For heal, take the frost armor to the last tier where you heal the most. Use it if you drop below 50% hp. And BMs are currently our hardest matchup. Dont feel bad for losing to them.  This is just a simple tip that should make your life easier, atleast in silver. Can link the full pvp spec i use if needed later :)

Also, dont forget your cheesy moves from E/Q and SS. Helps alot in pvp

Tikku

Current rank 1776 (Gold)

The ping isn't a problem for me (I got around 50-55), well maybe it is... The ping of my brain. :D

Well actually what kind of worries me is that casting 1 after LMB+RMB have a freaky delay of about 1 second, it's not instant for me (and yeah, the ping isn't the issue here). And well pretty much all the skills have such delay, even when anicancelling with LMB+RMB.

I'll try it though, but still something is off.

Also, does the 1 indeed breaks stealth if you get hit by it? Or what's the rule? How it works revealing out of stealth by 1?

I never bother with the aircombo because arena lags like shit half the time and our combo isn't latency friendly, often times the enemy will hit the floor before I'm able to do rising blaze + grip or I'll end up doing grip before rising blaze because the game decided to ignore that I pressed the key for rising blaze.

That being said, it's really not necessary to do it, can win without it.

Archived