3F Searing Blow Combo

skelettbus

Since i can't do 3RF for some reason in arena (duno whether it is me or arena lag issues, works half decent in pve), i searched for an alternative. Since Cyclone Kick spends 2 energy per use, i cannot maintain a 3F combo with it, so i switched it with Searing Blow. It works far better for me, i just want to ask how much of a damage loss it is compared to standard 3RF or even 3 spam.

And sorry for bad grammer :)

6 hours ago, skelettbus said:

Since i can't do 3RF for some reason in arena (duno whether it is me or arena lag issues, works half decent in pve), i searched for an alternative. Since Cyclone Kick spends 2 energy per use, i cannot maintain a 3F combo with it, so i switched it with Searing Blow. It works far better for me, i just want to ask how much of a damage loss it is compared to standard 3RF or even 3 spam.

Hi, I was trying to replace Cyclone kick with Searing blow just yesterday and the main problem I encountered is the loss of CC uptime (Searing blow duration is too long, because it's multiple hits, so if you interrupt the skill prematurely, you lose some hits, therefore dmg from the skill). So I reverted back to the cyclone and practice my timing, Searing is really good for PvE though, for the 2RF combo.

If you're talking about PvP, you cannot use Searing Blow. It takes far too long and doesn't cc the enemy at all. 

For PvE, Tiger Strike (right tree of Swift Strike) and Searing Blow is a good combination. This build outputs good damage, can aoe like a madman with tiger strike, and can keep Searing Palm up 100% with Searing Blow's cd reduction. Make sure to slightly space out your searing palm stacks, though. With this build you should never not have Searing Palm up.

As for damage differences, I'm sure the single-target build outputs slightly higher dps. However, the loss of aoe, party buffs (with searing palm), and SP uptime, I prefer the Tiger Strike build.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/23/2016 at 7:31 AM, skelettbus said:

I had same issue about arena lag... especially sometimes Destroyer bots for some reason makes the lag worse...

Currently also using Searing Blow and Tiger Strike for area... because mostly facing bots, no need to 100-0 them.

If you absolutely can't 3RF in arena cause of lag, you can try a hybrid build. You only need searing blow and the PvE specced searing palm. Everything else is the same PvP spec. When you stun lock, don't follow 3RF. Do 3RX to proc searing palm. Go through all your stuns and keep proccing searing palm. If it's on cooldown you can get a triple kick into 3F to lower searing palm CD. Everything else is about the same. 

You don't need to spec into tiger palm for this to work. Even in 3RF build, swift strike is rarely used so spend your points somewhere else.

Archived