Blade master OR Kungfu Master

Smoq

Hello, I already have blade dancer and now I want to make 2nd character... it will be blade master OR kungfu master... and I wanna hear your opinion.

The concept of both classes is appealing also they server pretty same role in pve (tank) and both has spammable block-like skill... now to the point - can you point me at difference, cons and procs of the both classes and tell me if it's true that in the current version of game blade master seems to be a little under powered compared to most of characters?

I searched all google sites... there were some answers but 0 in-depth comparisions... I wonder if this forum is good one for this kind of topic... ppl at "blade master" forum can be biased... but I hope it won't be a case and also that someone will be able to provide some answers to my question :).

I have both at 45 and play them equally (can't decide on a main and probably never will). Both are great in PVE. I feel that KFM does more DPS and might be a little bit better at tanking, if not more difficult with closer timing. BM is pretty easy to get the hang of in PVE, but I find myself using more potions/dumplings than my KFM with tiger strike build. The KFM is definitely a bit stronger in PVP right now once you master your combos, although I do not have HM Lightning Draw (4) on the BM which may help a lot to get more burst damage out. I'd say the biggest reason that I have an easier time in PVP with KFM is that they are pretty good against summoner which is BM's toughest match up. There are a lot of them. 

The biggest difference is the flow of combat IMO... KFM feels very fast paced and you are constantly animation canceling. With BM there's more focus management and you're not often just spamming away. 

I main a BM and I did not play a until now KFM but I am currently leveling the class to get a feel of it and their pros and cons against BM with their PvP & PvE. From my current view of playing a BM I usually end up tanking a boss rather than a KFM or quickly gain aggro within 5 sec mainly because of threat bonuses. BM are generally much better in PvE than PvP I find it a lot easier than fighting player to player combat. KFM definitely put out much more DPS than BM. KFM is an expert rated class mainly because most of their moves depend on counters and so do their combos. I'm not telling you not to play either class because it's up too you. Even though I play a BM :D and it's been really fun KFM is more of a class for PvP and BM is more of a class well suited for PvE. 

Again im not saying that I dislike the KFM class I just prefer a BM, and I too find myself using a lot of dumplings and potions when I was progressing through the story. Every two-four enemies I was using them. Maybe because I didn't care to much for block or or the E or Q button >.<

Archived