Launcher

Fuz

So.
For me, the launcher has always been VERY slow in actually starting the game. Every damn time it has to verify the files, and this takes a long time.
Since today, after the verify, it does a "repairing files" (pretty sure the files aren't actually corrupted) and gets stuck at 0%, and never actually launches the game.
nc, you really need to fix this sorry excuse for a launcher.
In the meantime, any workaround?

1 minute ago, YonHyakuNiju said:

For the stuck at repair, you can set the local.ini file in the bin folder to read only. This is a  temporary work around.

Oh thanks! I will try this.
Will the launcher still patch the game with the .ini in read only more?

I've no clue, I just gave you the solution NCsoft support has given us a few days ago when this issue was occuring with everyone's launcher. Your best bet is to submit a ticket, with a DxDiag of your pc, they will probably help you a lot better.

33 minutes ago, Fuz said:

So.
For me, the launcher has always been VERY slow in actually starting the game. Every damn time it has to verify the files, and this takes a long time.
Since today, after the verify, it does a "repairing files" (pretty sure the files aren't actually corrupted) and gets stuck at 0%, and never actually launches the game.
nc, you really need to fix this sorry excuse for a launcher.
In the meantime, any workaround?

Also another tip:

Add an exception for the BNS directory on your HDD/SSD to your Anti Virus program. That way i increased the loading time. My BnS is installed on an SSD and still just got a 2gb/s verification rate, after i put that exception to my gdata Antivirus program i get about 15-20gb/s read rate.

14 minutes ago, Fuz said:

Oh thanks! I will try this.
Will the launcher still patch the game with the .ini in read only more?

yes the launcher will update even then.

Archived