Need help on Destroyer stats. Please..

JuiceE

I tried 4-man dungeon on bloodshade harbor. I'm lvl 45 HM2. I have decent stats, but I'm not sure if I'm focusing my soul shield stats correctly. I was just planning on getting as much crit as possible from the BSH ss. I gave up on the idea of maximizing crit stats by mixing with the ET ss, because rolling max stats on those are so rare. When someone else dies in the 4-man dungeon it goes down hill from there. In this situation, I feel like I have to tank more while maintaining decent dps. The issue is that now I feel like I can't survive well enough because my block or def is too low. Am I doing something wrong? Then when it comes to the sisters I can't tank them forever, so I stop attacking because my health gets so low. It is just not possible for me. When someone dies its pretty much over because a 2nd person dies and now we are left with 2 people (including me) to kill the sisters.  What could be my problem? 

Especially when tanking I rely a lot on hurricane to migitate damage. I have the skills of life drain during stomp and hp recovery with smash. If I ever get low I put those 2 skilsl up and I immediately restore a big chunk of hp especially with fury on. Other then that, Hurricane is the survival skill in these situations.

With current soul shields, you should have roughly 90% damage reduction while spinning when using hurricane T4S2. If you learn boss patterns and attack animations, you can literally just stand in one spot and spin as necessary to mitigate the vast majority of major boss attacks.

Use searing strike, stone shield, and grabs as filler when appropriate. If you somehow fall behind, line up emberstomp w/ fury to regen a lot of hp quickly or just pop a cheap pot, or both.

Mostly just learn boss patterns and spin.

On 2/19/2016 at 8:22 AM, noctred said:

With current soul shields, you should have roughly 90% damage reduction while spinning when using hurricane T4S2. If you learn boss patterns and attack animations, you can literally just stand in one spot and spin as necessary to mitigate the vast majority of major boss attacks.

Use searing strike, stone shield, and grabs as filler when appropriate. If you somehow fall behind, line up emberstomp w/ fury to regen a lot of hp quickly or just pop a cheap pot, or both.

Mostly just learn boss patterns and spin.

I'm the exact opposite.

I know the boss patterns nearly inside and out, so instead of 400% defense I use the deflect hurricane to parry most of the bosses attacks. Anything unblockable I either C or SS. But this requires you to really, really know the bosses, which probably most people will never get to.

On 2/23/2016 at 0:17 PM, chikitani said:

I'm the exact opposite.

I know the boss patterns nearly inside and out, so instead of 400% defense I use the deflect hurricane to parry most of the bosses attacks. Anything unblockable I either C or SS. But this requires you to really, really know the bosses, which probably most people will never get to.

I recently switched to T2F3 from T4F2 since I consider it more of "Expert" mode. Plus I get +10 focus profit on a successful parry. I think Form 3 is better overall but it requires a high skill level and proper timing.

Archived