Yet more BM suggestion n comments

Ayane69

Judging from this forum and Faction chat Blade Masters are getting mixed reviews/opinions.

Here's a few suggestions to liven up the Class

1) Quit duplicating some of the Blade Dancer skills, keep some but make some NEW ones to make BMs' more distinctive.

2) How about having BMs' use 2 swords ?? That would definitely liven up the class and make it more unique, as it is why play a BM when a BD does the same and more ??

if not BMs' using 2 swords then how about BD's ???

3) if 2 swords or some new skills are out, then how about giving a class buff regarding Defense (block, evade) ? This class is supposedly "MASTER" of using swords using parry to deflect spells/skills and attacks would seem logical in a fantasy setting( AOEs') would still have same effect(s) as always.

the class needs some major adjusting and tweaking.

1. BD is a "hybrid" FM/BM. BDs have some BM skills, not the other way around.

2. You've probably read this a million times and didn't grasp it, but we're getting KR content... BMs don't DW over there and probably never will. 

3. We already have the lowest cooldowns in the game on evades, and no cooldown on E in draw stance, PLUS the best/longest block in the game. What is it you're expecting? 

IMO if you don't like the BM class as it is now or in 50 content (you can find tons of videos/info out there on what it's like in 50 content) you should choose another class. 

I share the idea that BM should be able to dual wield, would be amazing. However, thats not what they did with it so i never expect it to come to pass. LBD is literally, as Kutsuu said, a hybrid BM/FM that came after BM. Some skills are similar but at the end of the day ones a MASTER of blades (hence flock of blades and having a dozen often) and the others a dancer (dancing/spinning same deal). BM do have mastery, which is why theres 2 ground stances to alternate between and air combos that make it feel like an air stance. Think of one other class that just swaps stances....... after that thought, doesnt that make em unique? If that doesnt then the ability to peacock blades should. If any adjustments regarding block/parry were to be made (and something similar is in place already) id add a viable riposte. After that BM are quite a distinctive class to me and really dont need much adjusting aside from minor tweaks here and there regarding base stats. Even if they become the worst class known to games to have existed, Theyll always be my #1.

5 hours ago, Kutsuu said:

1. BD is a "hybrid" FM/BM. BDs have some BM skills, not the other way around.

2. You've probably read this a million times and didn't grasp it, but we're getting KR content... BMs don't DW over there and probably never will. 

3. We already have the lowest cooldowns in the game on evades, and no cooldown on E in draw stance, PLUS the best/longest block in the game. What is it you're expecting? 

IMO if you don't like the BM class as it is now or in 50 content (you can find tons of videos/info out there on what it's like in 50 content) you should choose another class. 

These were SUGGESTIONS not ultimatums, If you wanna split hairs, Broadswords were Dual wielded by many martial arts cultures. I know that fact since I practice many different Martial arts forms/styles. I also NEVER said that I dislike or hate them, I have a lvl 25 one in fact. Re-read classes as to which class is based off of which class, last I heard BD's were based off of BM techniques.

As far as "didn't grasp we're getting KR content" guess KR games cannot have anything NON-KR, Plus quit being so *cricket*, NCsoft is free to choose ANY content from ANYWHERE to make the game more interesting or as add ons.

The BM class can use some tweaking to make it MORE distinctive than a BD "wanna be" non-Lyn class. Notice I said tweaking/adjustments NOT a complete over haul.

One thing that is impressive to watch is someone doing a "display/demonstration" of using dual broadswords, the flow and symmetry would be awesome in the game, plus make blocking/deflecting even more impressive visually !!

A group/party defense skill would be interesting (variation of Blocking), if you need an Example watch the movie HERO. The part where Jet Li and that lady "protect" the Calligraphy school is what I have in mind, if the group defense is used, then have the character lose the ability to attack as a compromise.

Dual wield style wasn't popular for a reason. It offers no advantage over two handed weapons or 1 hand and shield. Although it "looks cool" and whatnot, it was not an effective art. Although popular in movies/games, it's not really a thing, even if there have been martial arts based on them, they were never proven effective enough to be widely used. I understand this is a video game, but there's no need to push for this.

The BM is already pretty unique in comparison to the LBM. Yes, they share a few attacks, but it wouldn't be called LBM if it wasn't. LBM was made after the BM just because people wanted to play BM as a Lyn but they refused to just unlock it for them. If anything Soulblades stance should be more readily available with a shorter cooldown and less damage output, but with more interaction with your other skills. But that's just being different to be different which is rarely a good thing.

OK please save the "Quit Hating BMs'" speeches, comments, etc....

These are some suggestion(s) to add life/zing/style flair for Blade Masters.

Some people seem to like the Dual sword option/possibility. Well if 2 swords are just "unrealistic", remember this is a fantasy game, not Korea SIM 2012-2016, so in the game world dual blades are possible. Besides I haven't seen any pictures of Lyn residing in ANY part of the real world, yet they're in the game.....

How about using a Sword & dagger combo ? Heck you could even use the idea for Blade Dancers. Instead of throwing a sword, use a dagger for that type of ranged attack.

The BM stances are a good start, are there new or re-worked skills that can help BMs' image (in faction chat after  Summoners,  BM's get slagged and all I see is whining... bee yotching and all around negativity regarding them. Frankly Scarlet I couldn't give a damn, but in all the CR@P storm of hate there's 1 or 2 valid points brought up).

Maybe another stance perhaps ??

The purpose of the post is meant to be positive regarding Blade masters and some ideas that MIGHT make the class even cooler.

Feel free to add any possible ideas, the main point is being POSITIVE and adding some input on what you might like to see.

So put on your thinking cap(s), and toss out/post and idea or three. Player input is supposedly encouraged so to those who had a spazz attack over a few previous ideas, get over it.

15 minutes ago, Ghobe said:

Dual wield style wasn't popular for a reason. It offers no advantage over two handed weapons or 1 hand and shield. Although it "looks cool" and whatnot, it was not an effective art. Although popular in movies/games, it's not really a thing, even if there have been martial arts based on them, they were never proven effective enough to be widely used. I understand this is a video game, but there's no need to push for this.

The BM is already pretty unique in comparison to the LBM. Yes, they share a few attacks, but it wouldn't be called LBM if it wasn't. LBM was made after the BM just because people wanted to play BM as a Lyn but they refused to just unlock it for them. If anything Soulblades stance should be more readily available with a shorter cooldown and less damage output, but with more interaction with your other skills. But that's just being different to be different which is rarely a good thing.

the suggestion was purely a VISUAL one. I wasn't suggesting twice the damage due to twice the swords. If the game was based in reality, there's be NO: Wind-striding, Dragon Pulses, Zombie/summoned cats/etc...  It would just look cool, plain and simple, nothing more.

and there's nothing wrong with being different or is being unique such an unholy offense ???  WHo's to say that the Lyn have not adapted/changed some skills due to size issues ? or that maybe a non Lyn improved on a skill.

If you're going to post on a public forum, you should expect some people to disagree with you. 

Personally I am happy with what is coming to the BM in upcoming content. Really looking forward to tab pull, Z daze and iframes on block.

In addition, I like the feel and flow of BM as it is. It's flashy enough for me now. I don't want some giant WoW warrior dual wielding 2handers. Just my preference. 

5 minutes ago, Ayane69 said:

the suggestion was purely a VISUAL one. I wasn't suggesting twice the damage due to twice the swords. If the game was based in reality, there's be NO: Wind-striding, Dragon Pulses, Zombie/summoned cats/etc...  It would just look cool, plain and simple, nothing more.

I wasn't suggesting your damage would double either. Stop arguing points no one is talking about.

Archived