Downtime question [semi-rant]

ZeroCore

Oke, since there is a maintenance going on, i go ask right ahead, since the time i joined, people wanting free stuff for it, i mean really ? REALLY ? for the hell you want free stuff ? does the few hours really hurt you THAT MUCH that you need to get compensated for it ?

I just don't get it. can someone explain me why everyone (oke not everyone but you get my drift) something for free ? When i was playing LineAge2, RO, WoW the downtimes could take even a whole freaking day and noone ever complained, i see people talking like they are part of the DEV team like > Just copy files over, done is.

This game is F2P (someone argues its P2W but meh, there is enough discussion going) so why you want more free stuff ? its not like the GAME is your only source of entertainment~

1 minute ago, Senzura said:

this thread was unnecessary~ You made this thread for the sole purpose of complaining about other people complaining.

Are you complaining about him complaining about people complaining on a public forum (that essentially exists to hold complaints) ?

The way I see it, scheduled maintenance/updates are announced beforehand and arenecessary to keep the game going. Anyone complaining about the downtime of those and expecting compensation is not rational.

However, unplanned downtime should be compensated, especially for players with premium. Back in the day when I started playing MMOs, any unplanned downtime was compensated with XP credit (basically double XP for a short time) or something of the sort. If you're a capped player you may not benefit from it so much I suppose but this was just an example. Maybe a premium time credit if there's any unplanned downtime for over 1 hour would be a solution? Mind you, I'm not a premium player but i understand their frustration.

28 minutes ago, KatHead said:

Are you complaining about him complaining about people complaining on a public forum (that essentially exists to hold complaints) ?

Yo Dwag came to mind on this :D

5 minutes ago, Heresy said:

The way I see it, scheduled maintenance/updates are announced beforehand and arenecessary to keep the game going. Anyone complaining about the downtime of those and expecting compensation is not rational.

However, unplanned downtime should be compensated, especially for players with premium. Back in the day when I started playing MMOs, any unplanned downtime was compensated with XP credit (basically double XP for a short time) or something of the sort. If you're a capped player you may not benefit from it so much I suppose but this was just an example. Maybe a premium time credit if there's any unplanned downtime for over 1 hour would be a solution? Mind you, I'm not a premium player but i understand their frustration.

Actually this is the first "logical" idea i ever seen, yes, i remember seeing double exp on some games, that is true, it just annoying to read in nearly all post people wanting to get something for free :C

36 minutes ago, KatHead said:

stop complaining about him complaining about  the other guy complaining about other ppl :p

Archived