I really don't understand the party system

Nevx

Currently Level 21 and I play with one other person everytime I play. Unsure how the side quests work, as in, which we can do together and which we can't.

Are the dailies the only we can do together? If there is a cave involved, do I have to find the quest they choose?

Just a simple man wanting to play with his friends T_T

1 minute ago, Zuzu said:

Not sure what you're asking.

The party system is used for quests and dungeons with others.

Some dungeons are 1-man only so of course you won't be able to do it with anyone else but there's very few of those.

Want types of quests can I do with my party, dailies and dungeons only?

3 minutes ago, Nevx said:

Want types of quests can I do with my party, dailies and dungeons only?

Basically any quest/daily can be done with a party, as far as I know. There may be some that do not share amongst the party though.

Dungeons: Green, Blue and Purple colored dungeons are able to be done with parties.

You can do anything that isn't a solo quest or solo dungeon (i.e. Lair of the Yutay, Dreadtide Arena, Mushin's Tower).

In normal quests that don't put you in an isolated instance or dungeon, you will share progress with your partner(s) on gathering/killing quest items and mobs.

You will have to enter the same dungeon entrance together, unless you're using the f8 party lobby.

You can do all quests with a party..

Though in the lower levels you will have 1man dungeons here and there, mostly as a part of the tutorial where you learn your abilities.

But generally you can do any quest with a party.

If you don't see each other even though you are in the same spot, you might have to change your channel. (top right side of screen)

Just now, Zuzu said:

If my Basically any quest/daily as far as I know. There may be some that do not share amongst the party though.

Dungeons: Green, Blue and Purple colored dungeons are able to be done with parties.

I would have to be on that same quest to share the experience, right? 

1 minute ago, Nevx said:

I would have to be on that same quest to share the experience, right? 

If it's a quest that deals with killing a certain amount of mobs or collecting a certain amount of items then yes.

You have to be in the same channel AND in the same area as your party to gain credit for anything.

This goes for killing a boss as well in most cases.

The only parts that you can't do with a party are the solo instances. These are story quests that you only have to do once each. It can be a little confusing, because solo areas can overlap with regular world areas or dungeons. Furthermore, sometimes you have to do a solo area for your story quest, and then return later for a daily (which you can do with a party).

Furthermore, if you're in a party with someone who has already done their solo quest for that area, then it depends who enters that area first. Example: you're in a party and you haven't done your solo instance but your friend already did it. If you enter first, you go to your solo instance and your friend can't follow you. If your friend enters first, then you both go to the party instance!

To tell if you're entering a solo instance, look at the portal. If there is a small circle on it, then it's solo. If it has three small circles, then it's a party instance. If it has no circles at all, then it's just a zone transition point (or an exit).

Archived